Budget prepper hand guns

But Obama didnt’t make a decent pistol​:rofl::joy:

3 Likes

when S&W can make a handgun good as the Canik…I will buy from them. they don’t. with that being said I own several smiths. only 4 newer ones, neither are made as well as the caniks.

4 Likes

Surplus Italian Berettas have been popping up under $300. No idea on how good of a deal that is but the 92 is a proven design with parts everywhere. If we are talking “prepping” parts availability is a bigger advantage than slightly better ergonomics, imo. In terms of prepping Glock rules (parts and mags everywhere and LE uses them plus its one of the most common 9mm and .40 platforms out there) the only rival are 1911s but from a “preppers” perspective you need to know how to work on your own guns and the 1911 is not a lego gun. Its a fine piece of machinery that needs some tuning/fitted part

Stock up on parts and buy a spare and you will be ok the platform is pretty irrelevant if you go that route. I move more and more towards wheel guns as I get older , if zombies pop up at least I die with style.

5 Likes

We just got 12 star bm’s in in poor condition
For 120 a peice 1 mag
Internally there nice externally looks like they got drug behind a car for a few miles

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star:

Man I would love to get a hold of a $120 rough condition Star BM. It would be my cerakoted carry piece rotated with my Canik.

4 Likes

My TP9DA was pretty damn accurate right out of the box. It is definitely more accurate than I am. I just love the trigger man, it is quite nice.

Beretta 92’s / M9’s get a bad rap for not being a 1911–which is fair—however they are very good and accurate for the price. I want to get a good surplus M9A3 or clone (Girsan).

4 Likes

Sorry I wish we had a system to do online sales

4 Likes

No worries mate. I’m going to try and pickup another Star BM before the surplus runs dry. Wish I had the cash to buy a dozen so I can always have spare parts, especially those brittle firing pins…

3 Likes

www.classicfirearms.com/star-model-bm-9mm-8rd-original-box-man

The have a few left.
That link doesn’t seem to work but Classic Firearms has somw ffor $179.

4 Likes

Brittle firing pins can be made less brittle.
Just do a web search for the subject.
Would definitely be less expensive than stockpiling guns.
Just a thought.

3 Likes

That’s exactly where I’m going to pick up my next Star BM. I bought my original from J&G. :+1:

Hmmmm, I’m intrigued. Thank you for the heads up mate!

3 Likes

Check out some of my reviews on the community form, a couple of those guns are great prepper guns.

3 Likes