Building / piecing together a Glock better than buying factory?

I can’t say for sure, can’t find anything on the Glock site. A Glock forum lists all 10mm barrels as 1:9.84 But I look at after market barrels and they all are 1:16, I have no idea why Glock did that.

1 Like

I noticed mine at IDPA, at first I thought I had some tight groups, uh huh, when 2 shots equal 3 tight groups somethings off,

IDPA is mostly 5-15yds

yes I ran a G20 @ IDPA .50cts per round and loved it

2 Likes

Glock uses the 1:15.75 twist rate on their .45 barrels. That would be the perfect twist for 10mm.

1 Like

Your the school master, I wont question that

1 Like

@Robert & @Tactical_Reviews So how does something like this, which is a BAD PROBLEM, leave the factory? I thought Glock had rigorous testing? Sounds like to me something as SERIOUS as rifling causing bullet tumbling within 20yds of leaving the muzzle is BAD NEWS for anyone wanting to use these for SD or hunting no?

I just cannot fathom how this was allowed out of the factory like this. It honestly makes me want to forget it and move on. This is not a good sign for me.

3 Likes

I will say it was not a consistent problem, so ammo is a likely culprit, however, diameter, load, coating etc etc IDK

I didn’t discriminate ammo and ran a lot of mixed so never pinned it down

2 Likes

I don’t know, it makes no sense that I, some guy on the internet can ID a problem like this, but engineers miss it. Just look at after market barrels, why are they all 1:16 or 1:15.75. Glock should recall all 10mm barrels and replace them. IMO

The 10mm is closer to a .45 than it is to a 9mm.

2 Likes

But not speed-wise, they may be an issue in itself

1 Like

I definitely need to know before I put ~$600 down on this pistol. For a brand that is supposedly the quintessential reliable auto-loader this is a worrying problem. I consider this a malfunction if the rifling causes projectiles to tumble that quickly regardless of ammo type/brand. I dunno, it just doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Nope, but its why I don’t have one.

2 Likes

I’m only really interested in this platform for the 9x25 Dillon conversion but even taking that in to consideration maybe I wanted to be able to shoot 10mm…because you know, 10mm, so this is something that matters.

1 Like

That ammo used will play a major role in stability. Weight of the bullet, velocity, all play a role

3 Likes

I suppose I need to look at the EAA Witness and other 10mm ~5" barreled pistols to see what twist rate they have and what pills they like better. Its just a lot of work to try and use something that should of been sorted out before it left the factory. LOL

3 Likes

I would get an RIA 10mm 1911 before an EAA Witness. Im not sure why Glock fucked up like that but 10mm is a side thing for them so they probably dont care about it as much. Have you considered the SA XD in 10mm?

3 Likes

Won’t help. Only interested in…

So unless someone makes a 9x25 Dillon barrel for any of those platforms and the overall cost is the same or less I’ve got to stick with the G20. If I only wanted the 10mm I’d get either the stainless EAA Witness 10mm or a 1911 in 10mm for sure…because you all know I am a steel frame kinda guy.

3 Likes

They do in 1911 but its probably $. It uses 10mm mags , extractors etc too.
https://www.gunblast.com/9x25Dillon.htm

2 Likes

I’m willing to bet it is $$$. Considering 1911’s strong enough to handle 9x25 Dillon are likely expensive to begin with. :frowning:

2 Likes

update
I got my hands on a G20 and G40 and I just unfortunately do not like them. I just don’t like the grip and I’m still a bit irritated at the rifling issue.

So, this topic has now concluded and I’m moving on to find something else to burn my bonus on. Thank you all for those who participated and provided information in here. :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

3 Likes