Bullpup Weapons, pros/cons what's new

Same here. I agree with everything in your post.

2 Likes

Well the desert Tech MDR and the X95 from IWI have the same fire, safety, and mag release as an AR… bolt catch on both are behind the mag, right where your thumb is located while inserting a new mag.

3 Likes

We are headed out sometime today for a shoot. Maybe will will have time for video

2 Likes

5 Likes

That gun would look so much better in my possession! Lol

5 Likes

Hahahhahahahaa :+1:

2 Likes

Nice :+1:

3 Likes

Sometimes you just have to have fun… bullpups help with that… and smoke

3 Likes

He is also speaking from a mostly AR15 owners perspective, as are alot of people here. (Myself included)

Checkout this thread , go about half way down. I posted some articles I found from various blogs and forums on Israel’s opinion of the Tavor.

Also a neat article on an Israeli unit that switched back to the M4 from the Tavor.

2 Likes

Cant remember if I asked you but what does the maintenance look like on the Tavor/x95s?

Barrel/bolt life expectancy/round counts?
Spring life?
Any issues with the frame cracking?

I havnt seen much info out on the endurance of this platform.

1 Like

5 Likes

Who doent love twins…

3 Likes

Holy smokes… thats a whole lotta awesomeness

2 Likes

They are supposed to run 20K with no problem… i have not run anywhere near that! All of mine show very little wear.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Proof that Hitler is no longer in charge :open_mouth:

3 Likes

https://iwi.us/from-the-frontline-to-the-homefront-meet-tom-alibrando/

2 Likes

So how does the F2000, Aug , Tavor/x95 and MDR compare to eachother?

2 Likes

Why is the IWI Tavor not more popular?

Oh man… what a question!
First off, I was excited about getting a S2000 yeats ago… well FN screwed up and made the port size in the barrel to small. So… sold them all. I wish I had one, just to have one now…

As for the AUG, Tavor / X95 and the MDR…
:thinking:
Similar but different?
First off, LOVE the X95… my MDR though is badass and it is 308… i would grab either one in a pinch. While I love my TAVOR… I do like the X95 better.
Now the AUG and I go WAY back… like 30 years…
Love the rifle. Really do. I have a black 16" A3 now. Do not like the new charge handle they came up with compared to the old one and I do like the bolt catch.
I think I would be more in love with it again if the one I owned took the NATO mags… besides that, I really like it.
I would Grab that X95 over the AUG though…
I have a 16" X95 and a 13" SBR… my TAVOR is a 18" unit with NV, Eotech and lasers.
I run the X95s suppresed.
Now I run the MDR suppressed too.
That rifle rocks. Love everything about it except trying to adjust the gas block with the hand guard.
What I really like is that I can take it all apart! Really clean it and it is true ambi and, you can fire it from any position. That is super sweet.
I am not planning on selling any of them any time soon.

5 Likes