Bump stock ban

We’re good, thanks.
Gonna have a relaxing 5 week vacation.

5 Likes

Going to Idaho ?

5 Likes

Yep. Mostly shopping for property and some sightseeing. The first week is in Oregon where my daughter is getting married.

9 Likes

Njce

5 Likes

Congratulations!

8 Likes

Did you guys ever help her get any training? My buddy just got back from Thunder ranch and it sounds even better than when I attended.

This is the instructor, him and his wife teach classes. I believe his wife handles the womens classes mostly. Anyhow, they teach everything from conceal carry to carbine training.

6 Likes

The one that’s getting married is her second marriage. She’s got two kids already and a granddaughter &…

Wait for it…

She’s pregnant. So she’s going to be giving birth to her granddaughter’s uncle.

So she’s not considering carrying or training at this point. Once the baby’s born she will have that on her list.

My wife and I are both members at FrontSight so we’ll probably give her some training certificates or membership there.

5 Likes

You all are good people

5 Likes

:roll_eyes:Clearly you’ve not been on this forum long enough.

Kidding… lots of good folks here.

7 Likes

You like Frontsite? I havnt been there before.

If you ever are seeking training in Oregon/Washington/Idaho , I recommend Thunder Ranch. Clint is an old guy and likes his 1911s, he was a Marine in Vietnam and a cop for along time. He is a wealth of knowledge on anything firearm related.

5 Likes

I know, I took offense to thst accusation.

4 Likes

Still trying to figure out how to directly reply to people though so yeah… I’m pretty new

5 Likes

good stuff here

4 Likes

FrontSight is good. The training is thorough but it’s their way or the highway. For example they insist on drawing to low ready. My concern is if you train that way that what you’ll do in an emergency. That could cost you valuable time. I prefer to practice drawing to presentation or for real close quarter presentation.

But it is good training otherwise. We haven’t been there enough, just can’t find the time and it’s a long way to go for just a couple days.

I also wouldn’t suggest anyone pay for a membership. And I’ll throw this out there again…
I have a hundred “Patriot Level” memberships that I’ll give away. The first 10 will be free cuz FrontSight will pay the $100 transfer fee. Beyond that just the $100 will get you the membership.

Anybody interested just PM me.

5 Likes

They are in Nevada and AZ , right? That area has alot of options for training.

6 Likes

On a phone you may not see the word “reply” but that little speaker icon will reply to that specific post.
You can also alway address someone specifically by using @ and their username.
Like @Joe

8 Likes

On a phone just press and hold over a word to highight the text then just high light the whole thing and hit quote.

8 Likes

Nevada. Az is Gunsight. Started by Jeff Cooper.

6 Likes

If I remember right. Isn’t there something in the constitution about depriving someone of their property without due process of law? How can they say something that was bought leagaly is now against the law and you have to just turn the item in or destroy it. There was no law passed by Congress banning the bumpstocks just a rule by some breauacrat. I believe gun owners of America has sued over this and did not get a temporary stay while the case continues through the court system.

7 Likes

Its an illegal seizure, It violates the 4th amendment.

5 Likes