Bushing jig

Fitting the barrel and bushing, bushing oversized a bit wanted to accurately spin it and touch it with some wet-dry to ever so slightly to reduce diameter.
Repurposed a couple of items laying around. Little rough but did the job.

Bushing fitted, barrel almost fitted, left a little meat for final, have a rum and coke and post some cool photos.

6 Likes

I’m a fan of the full length dust cover :+1:

5 Likes

It looks bad ass, for sure. Should be a solid platform for the 10MM full blow loads.
Time to freshen up the R&C, may not make it back out to the shop…

6 Likes

Do you cover the ways on your lathe to keep the grit from your sand paper out?

I am too. I can’t wait to see this finished! ^.^

6 Likes

No, but it sounds like a good idea. Nice looking fixture.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s gonna be badass. I have one planned in my future, but I was only able to locate an aluminum full length frame. Square trigger guard I see, too. That thing should be sweet when complete, can’t wait to see it finished.

6 Likes

Didn’t know that was an option to do, I began to make my own from one of these

This is as far as I made it

Its been shelved for “awhile” no idea when I’ll get back to it

7 Likes

Hellfire frame?

6 Likes

Yessir

6 Likes

I built my 10mm long slide on one of those, couple things not quite to spec on the one I got.
Slot for the hammer and GS were about 0.005 to 0.010 off center, was getting intermittent fail to fire, shaved one side of the hammer to relieve interference from the slide. It took a bit to figure that out.
Another thing I found the trigger ways were too deep. Had to play around with that a bit.
Came out good in the end.

7 Likes

Thanks for the info. I haven’t taken a close look at it, just opened it and put it away. That build looks great as well! Those grips are cool.

7 Likes

really, that didn’t jump out at you? :smile:

Amazing that was an issue, and that you did figure it out :clap:

5 Likes

Man, I checked everything, ammo, primers, headspace, main spring, mainspring spelled different, the hammer would fall and hit the firing pin, but rub on the side of the slide notch and bleed just enough energy to intermittently not ignite the primer.
Now when centering a frame in the mill besides checking the sides front and back, I also check the hammer/ GS slot and magwell and adjust accordingly. Pretty happy with the last frames. The extra care really showed up in the front and rear of the slabside.
Zooming in on the photos I see something that @6un5_4r3_N347 (GunS_arE_NEaT?) probably should have pointed out, I need to do a better job of cleaning the parts before assembly. Adding un-necessary wear/ scratches to the mating surfaces.
Time to up the prescription!

7 Likes

I’m trying to cut back on doing that because people tend to take it personally. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

You’re doing a fine job!

6 Likes