By way of introduction, 3 years ago....

Welcome!

11 Likes

Welcome!

11 Likes

Lets see if this works… This is the 1999 Havana IL Truck match that I won with a Norinco single stack .45 and every round off my belt…

Yes, 50-60 yard poppers are hard from the back of a moving truck, and yes, I had 3 rounds left in my last mag…

14 Likes

Bet that was exhausting, I never did a truck run, looks awesome to me!

12 Likes

Wow! I lost count. How many mags and rounds was that?

13 Likes

In '99 I was 10… I dont feel so old now

8 Likes

You ain’t old, but it’s the miles not the years you have to worry about,

12 Likes

I’d love to try something like that! It might be possible at one (local) range, definitely not at the other. But it would be easier for me since I shoot PCC and no longer SS. Back then, yeah, I would have needed an ammo bearer. I think I only had 6 mags on my belt.

Norinco… when I shot SS I would tell people that it’s not the bow, it’s the Indian. I shot a POS AMT Hardballer that had the action holes elongated from recoil over time. I had to have them enlarged and bigger pins put in to keep it soldiering on. But it did go bang every time. I had the work done to never have it go full auto on anyone. Now it’s a safe queen.

I really enjoyed seeing that!

11 Likes

AWESOME MATCH. At the Florida Invitational in 2018 they had a railcar on a downward sloping track once you engaged the car you engage as targets become visible. It was my worst stage but I still won D Class Limited. My last match before I got bumped to C Class Limited.

11 Likes

I just realized what a PITA it must have been to reset steel and paste targets on that stage.

7 Likes

I never even thought of that

6 Likes

It wasn’t really too bad because we generally had maybe 20 people going down range to reset, and an r o riding a four-wheeler around to do scoring via a walkie-talkie. By the time we got the truck back in the starting position with the next shooter ready to go, everything was already scored and pasted.

7 Likes