CA demands HAM radio repeaters removed from public lands across state

Looks like California wants to cut off communication of HAM operators.
watch video in article.

https://offgridsurvival.com/california-officials-declare-ham-radio-no-longer-a-benefit/

http://levinecentral.com/repeaters/google_mapping.php?State=CA

10 Likes

well thank you CA, just like condemning firearms makes them more popular this too will promote more HAM use

9 Likes

Without repeaters I kind of doubt that. They’re kind of necessary aren’t they?

7 Likes

It costs the State of California nothing to allow these repeaters on public land;

7 Likes

I guess they could find private land for them or possibly pay the rental fee. There most always is a private solution

6 Likes

Could they be trying to circumvent or hinder the kind of backlash that is going on in Virginia as they, the DSA/dnc, continue to erode the rights of We The People in Commiefornica?

DSA/dnc IS the enemy. Want proof, just look at California.

6 Likes

The article said, “in 2012 the federal government launched FirstNet, a public safety nationwide broadband network that many in the government think will make Ham radio operators obsolete.”

:thinking:

Those fancy government communication systems work great…until they get hacked by the Russians. Simple and reliable HAM radio is never obsolete.

9 Likes

Apparently they have forgotten what the word “PUBLIC” means when it comes to PUBLIC LAND.

It never fails to amaze me the lengths at which California will go to put the residents of that state in harms way. And here is a beaurocrat making decisions they should have no right making in the first place, and putting the people of rural California at risk.

So first they take their ability to buy firearms and ammo, then they take thier electricity away, now they are trying to cripple people’s means of communication as well. Lets not forget trying to regulate water consumption.
It’s hard to believe this is happening in a state of the United States of America.

9 Likes

How is ham radio hurting them, i’d never make it there.

8 Likes

This :arrow_up:

6 Likes

It’s not hurting them. I imagine, the residents out there are paying taxes to the California Fire and Forestry Protection to protect public lands. I don’t understand how this entity can have any kind of say so as to what antennas (or repeaters) are on these public lands. That shouldn’t be their concern or their job.
These repeaters are already in place and have been for a long time. There is no harm or cost to the state or Cal-fire.
This sounds like a move on the State to control any potential subversion of its authority by any dissident residents.

11 Likes

This times 100

6 Likes

Its always hard to believe,

study this

It wasn’t that long ago and very much mirrors today’s political climate

7 Likes

The repeaters are for extending the range of the 2 meter radios. The big ham radios can talk all over the world with the right antenna, on the right frequency, at the right time of day. Used to work with a guy that had a 2 meter repeater in the trunk of his car. He talked all over Indianapolis with a hand-held from his desk. Can’t remember how many times we had to jump start his car though.

8 Likes

Thank you for the info. I can definitely see HAM radio discouraged under a corrupt government with ill intent, but it also could just be that communism is expensive and they’re looking to squeeze pennies from anywhere and everywhere.
Repeaters can also be hidden well. They only need a power source to function, and antennas average between 8-15 feet tall. It’s just that most repeaters are parked on hill tops for maximum propagation, so they’re easy for communists to see.

5 Likes