I installed my Cajun trigger upgrades in the SP-01 and P-01 this weekend. It wasn’t as bad as it looks. Although tedious, the job wasn’t very difficult. I purchased several CZ-specific tools and slave pins, which were tremendously helpful. There’s some great instructional videos out there too.
The only real hard part of the CZ design, for me at least, is disassembling and reassembling the sear cage. I was wearing magnifying glasses the last time I did it. Not looking forward to doing it again.
The sear cage was pretty easy to reassemble using two slave pins inserted in both sides. That method allowed me to install one piece at a time while holding everything in place. The hardest part for me was seating the decocker spring properly behind the decocker arm. The spring was hanging up on the arm, which required awkward manipulation and a few curse words. Otherwise, the other sear cage springs were easy to install…just tedious. I also installed the Cajun floating trigger pin and firing pin retaining pin, which will be easier to remove next time.
That was the lesson I learned AFTER doing my first
With that said, it’s still a lot of tiny parts that have to line up just right. After years of swinging big ass wrenches on big ass trucks and heavy equipment I just don’t have the dexterity in my hands for that kind of stuff anymore. I can do it, but it’s a chore.