Can you zero at 30 yards?

8 Likes

You might can but i won’t. depends on what gun and purpose. hunting rifles at 100 yards or more.

9 Likes

I found printable targets that zero AR-15s at short ranges, but have a holdover aiming spot for 25/300, 50/200 or 100.

Because it was raining last I was free, I used one of these for rough zeroing my AR pistol indoors. I still have to confirm zero at actual 50/200m on the outdoor range.

7 Likes

I watched a YT video on zeroing AR15 at 36 yards and it works really well as a combat zero, same aiming point keeps smallest group out to 300 versus a zero of 25, 50 or 100.

8 Likes

Yep for an AR w/55 gr 5.56 a 36yds zero puts steel on target from point blank to 300 yds. Bullet is +or - 6" from the muzzle to 300 yds

8 Likes

Every rifle I zero, is done with a factory round that I first dope the drop online. From that I pick a point blank range, then run it again a couple of times to get the zero for my PBR. That zero is always your second or far zero. My initial zero is always the first, or near zero. Then I get the PBR zero, then velocity to get calculated drops. After that I true them.

6 Likes

Which like Ron says is going to vary due to bullet weight,velocity, etc…

5 Likes

And it varies Barrel to Barrel, I definantly found through the years that barrel length plays a factor in this.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Boy, had to quit watching after the 3rd shot. I don’t see any usable data. I would have stopped right there and checked the scope mounting or tried some different ammo before wasting any more ammo.

I like to zero my 308 and 338 at 200 yards, 25-45S, 223, 458S at 100.

6 Likes