Canik TP9 SF Elite Review

5 Likes

A friend of mine bought one of these but maybe a different model because it came with the red dot sight. With that sight I couldn’t hit crap with it. De didn’t take it off the try without it but we’ll go back to the range to try it again. The gun does feel great and operates just fine. It feels good in my hand and cycles everything we threw at it.
On a totally unimportant side note, another friend that has spent a bit of time in turkey says the name is pronounced similar to Sonic, like the drive-in.

3 Likes

Awesome @GhostTactical, I’ll check out the review tonight. I’m rather fond of my TP9DA.

It’s actually pronounced “Janik” FYI. :cowboy_hat_face: C is pronounced like a J. Then there is Ç which is pronounced differently. I’ve started my journey of learning Turkish last year. :+1:

2 Likes

Torque Master, thanks. Good to know. I’ll see my buddy tonight and go over it with him. I didn’t know they used a schwa over there.

2 Likes

as mentioned in the video comments - for what you get, the value is outstanding

4 Likes

Sexy tupperware.

2 Likes

From what I understand these firearms are made in Turkey…apparently the Glock killer, I’m not saying I agree with this but I have shot it and for the price not bad…wasn’t that model. Also, @Chuparosa you are right it’s is pronounced Janik. The only reason I know this is because I have a cultural friend from Cyprus the Turk side…had a class with him Organic Chem (hardest class I’ve ever taken) apparently C is a J in their language

3 Likes

I wouldnt call them the Glock killer. That gets thrown around way too much, imo. Walther ppq and the HK vp9 are better than either in terms of triggers though. Glock is just the Honda Civic of pistols.

2 Likes

Can’t compare the Canik to a H&K but I can to either the Walther P99 or PPQ.
The SFx is as good as the PPQ Navy and way better than the 99 (trigger - still getting use to that AS)
And will soon be able to compare the SFx to a CZ Shadow2 optic when it shows up

3 Likes

The Walther ppq trigger is amazing and the grip is very comfortable, same with the HK to a lesser extent. The Canik and CZ are good pistols too but the triggers just are not as smooth, imo.

1 Like

I dunno, the more I use this Canik the more I’m loving the trigger. It feels 98% that of a Walther PPQ which to me is the supreme winner in plastic pistols. This TP9DA of mine is pretty damn good. Even better when you consider I paid $373 for the lot. I wish there was a subcompact version.

1 Like