Can't say "He" or "She"... must say "They"

8 Likes

True

5 Likes

@Caw That’s exactly what I’m talking about here. It’s a legit (albeit rare) thing. But these kids, and unfortunately some adults, are using this “identify as” terminology as a victim-y attention getter. And it’s :horse::poop:

5 Likes

8 Likes

Makes sense. I wonder how the other horned horses feel about guys identifying as unicorns?( @TacticalUnicorn1776 )

4 Likes

Because they are mentally deficient.

5 Likes

8 Likes

One more thing on my childhood friend…the gender issue was humiliating for him/her. It was NOT something he/she wanted attention for. Unlike these “identifying as” people of today. They want all the attention.

4 Likes

One more…

6 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

That is a unique situation. If said person’s gender matches their physique and chromosomes then it was the right decision. I don’t have any sympathy for the rest of the people like that idiot dude who wrecked GameStop because the cashier “misidentified” him. People can do and be what ever they want in private, I really don’t care, just don’t try and change how science is “interpreted”, force me to do anything (especially in a public space) or something that has been and still is something human society has use for gender identity.

On the subject of what to tell your kid when contemplating going to college. For us, we’re not going to pressure our daughter to even go to college if she does not want to. Both my wife and I will show her how to be self sufficient and teach her how to start her own business showing her how we started ours.

College was a worthless thing to me personally and I’m proof that you can have a successful corporate career with only a high school diploma. I’m actually happy my parents couldn’t afford for me to go to the college I wanted–or any college for that matter. The American dream can be a reality for anyone who wants it and they can do it without college. College is really only for specialized careers like doctors and scientists and etc in my opinion. Too many useless degrees that do nothing for people when they get out but a BIGASS DEBT. My wife is unfortunately a casualty of college degrees getting you NOTHING but debt. Her MBA she got years ago did nothing for her but give us a $45k debt that we just paid off.

I’m sure 95% of you will disagree with me and that’s fine. :cowboy_hat_face:

…stepping off soap box now :wink:

6 Likes

We can disagree and still get along…

I never forced her to go to college. She wanted to. And got a full scholarship. 2 of my kids chose to go and 2 did not. My son has a year left in college and has already started his own business in his (upcoming) degree. He’s had a good and helpful college experience. College isn’t for everyone but it’s out there if you so choose.

Ok on the gender thing…Back when my childhood friend was born, there wasn’t the genetic testing there is today. So when a child was born as a hermaphrodite, the parents just chose, hormones were given, and surgeries performed. But, the parents chose wrong. Bc as an adult, the tests (that were previously unavailable) were clearly female. After years and years of intense, real struggle, the correct hormones and surgeries finally gave her the ability to live as she was actually born to be. Technology has come a long way.

My whole point on this gender topic is that the people today who are making this big dramatic scene about whatever gender they choose to identify as at any given moment, regardless of their chromosomes, is just a big whining attention-whoring issue. If it were a real, medically proven issue, it would, in all likelihood, be a private, quiet matter.

8 Likes

We are getting along yes? Wasn’t trying to come across any other way. :cowboy_hat_face:

It’s all good mate. Never said you forced anyone, I was adding my personal experience to the equation. Just adding to the conversation. I’ll delete that part if it bothers you or comes across asshole-ish?

7 Likes

No no…don’t go deleting. Just good discussion. :grinning:

6 Likes

Cool cool.

4 Likes

Personally I think this may help, banning the words “he” and “she”

why?

when I talk about trash I don’t itemize whats in the trash, that would take to long, I just refer to it all as trash

same thing here.

Trash.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, we are the “trash” in their eyes.

8 Likes

I’m fine with that - being the social disease known as Christian white male over 45 years of age and coming to understand that is a horrible thing.

8 Likes

But if you say “they” or “them people” it’s also “hateful”.

6 Likes

I require to be address as “His Majesty” or “sarge”

7 Likes