Car Insurance.......

Getting really aggravated with my car insurance company.

Kiddo had a minor fender bender with a garbage dumpster last month and the insurance company has been a ROYAL pain in the nether regions. I’ve been with the same company since I started driving almost 40 years ago and I’ve NEVER had the runaround on a claim like we have for this one.

Used to be:
Car accident
Call insurance
Insurance tells you were to go for estimate
Car insurance pays damages minus deductible
Car gets fixed and Bob’s your uncle.

Now:
Car accident
Call insurance
Insurance says just take it wherever
Go wherever and get estimate
Take estimate to insurance office on your day off
2 weeks later, insurance wants pictures of the entire car from 15 different angles sent to them BY TEXT
Take pictures of car and send them to insurance BY TEXT
Insurance says their estimate is $2,100 less than wherever you took the car for the initial estimate
Argue with insurance company
Insurance says body shop is not in their network but there is no body shop actually IN their network within my area
Insurance finally calls body shop and makes repair agreement
Body shop calls you to schedule an appointment for repairs over a month after the accident actually happened.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F :rage: :rage:K?!?!?!?!?!?!

9 Likes

Add to that if you need parts there is a wait for them. Guy backed into my sister’s car. He called his insurance company and told them I just backed into someone’s car. He backed into the right rear corner and didn’t do much obvious damage. He has Alstate and they screwed around for weeks. First they didn’t get the pictures etc. Took the car to them and had them take their own pictures. Sensors around the tail light needed replaced. It took 3 weeks to get those from Lexus.

6 Likes

Several local body shops here have wrecks stacked up because getting parts takes so long…

7 Likes

I took an Explorer to a local shop with a used door to replace the damaged one. They were to replace the door, fix a couple of other spots and repaint the whole thing. We are paying out of pocket and understand that insurance work will go in front of ours because of contracts. They have had it for over 3 months so far.
It may not be all on the insurance company, but f- them anyway. I dislike insurance companies of all kinds.

7 Likes

Ditto :rofl:

5 Likes

GEICO dropped me because I asked to put my policy in suspension after my car was stolen. My insurance policy was the state minimum, which does not cover theft. I didn’t want to pay for a car that I could not drive while I waited for parts. I first joined GEICO 25+ years ago when I was stationed in Diego Garcia. I have never missed a payment.

6 Likes

Just wait.
Insurance is going to skyrocket like everything else.
Florida has been getting hit hard BEFORE Ian, now look the F out after Ian.

OH swell, another crisis.

6 Likes

I’ve had a similar experience with insurance companies. Makes me feel ok when people screw them over unjustly. I would not commit fraud but I totally understand why people don’t feel any guilt about it. I treat a car like gold, do all the maintenance and make them last but when an accident happens they act like I was driving a shit box that was on 3 bald tires and needed a quart of oil a day and when I disagree on the value they find actual shit boxes that have been ragged out and send me to see them and offer to buy one to replace my car.

7 Likes

When your car is stolen, you want to keep insurance on it.
that way its covered for damages done.
They should have jumped at the change to dodge liability.

6 Likes

People, don’t misplace the hate, its politicians that cause the BS

Insurance, and mandatory is not about anything other than control and stepping on your neck, I’m in MI and used to get no fault coverage called “any auto” for 80.00 a year from AAA, I could go to my agent and get a proof for any auto as I was insured as a driver

The politicians actually took the time to write a new legislation that required each vehicle to have coverage, because they drive themselves it seems, there’s no more eighty bucks a year :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

I got the car back. I was just waiting on parts to get it back on the road. The car was insured while it was missing.

5 Likes

This is true for 95% of all BS.
The other 5% is meth. (Which was designed by the Nazis so I guess politicians are still to blame.)

7 Likes

I fear that this will one day be applied to firearms. I’m weary of all the gun insurance companies that are heavily advertising and setting up infrastructure in the U.S. like the USSCA.

7 Likes

As long as it’s not mandatory, I’m OK with that. Insurance to cover lawyer fees in the event of a self defense shooting could come in handy. Competition between insurance companies helps keep the cost down. (Until they all get together and say “we’re charging $XXX.XX a year to keep out the riff-raff.”) I do see it becoming compulsory someday soon though.

8 Likes

That’s virtually non existent in any business, why would it, more money can be had to share a tee time on the local green with the competition setting “standard” prices than actually providing lower priced goods or services.

7 Likes