Carry chambered, or not

Well shit, another badass tattoo i wish i had thought of

1 Like

It stung a bit getting it, and it doesnā€™t hold up well. Need to get it touched up.

Round in chamber always.
Iā€™m 2.65 seconds with Israeli draw and 2 shots on target.
Iā€™m .1.02 seconds with a round in chamber and two shots in target.
There has never been a question with my life or the life of someone else on the line that I would carry with one in the chamber.
PLUSā€¦ more than half a weapons malfunctions are magazine related. I can tell you from personal experience that in the moment you have to draw your weapon the first time, you will be overwhelmed by adrenaline. You donā€™t want to have to clear a malfunction on the shot that is standing between you and the almighty with your heart going 160.

9 Likes

Being aware of the environment is truly necessary, it has been said above that mastery of your selected firearm is critical in order to be mentally prepared to react to the environment. Practice cannot be overstated in acquiring skill set needed with your chosen firearm. Also, many have stated the need to react with confidence not trying to determine which piece you have, is it chambered and so on while the bad guy is shooting at you. Be careful. :glock::gasp:

9 Likes

I always carry chambered, I brought this conversation up on another forum and was ridiculed of how stupid the topic was. I just want to say, I throughly enjoy the conversations here!!!

10 Likes

Always one in the chamber. Not only does it save precious time of racking the slide, it also offers the ability to fire through clothing without removing the pistol first.

9 Likes

Donā€™t know why they would say that. It is a very valid conversation.

7 Likes

@TickledDog I would have to agree with you, one of the main reasons I deleted my account and stumbled across this great website!!

7 Likes

Chambered cocked locked and not a Glock! That is how I roll!

9 Likes

Condition 1 always. Might as well carry a small brick if youā€™re carrying unchambered is how I see it.

7 Likes

Me too, though I switched the safety back on when I went to an appendix carry.

5 Likes