CBC Industries 6.5 Grendel Review - Don't buy

I heard from someone who talked to the owner of BCA that BCA has low overhead and that is why they can make things for less. They used to manufacture brake parts for many years but got priced out by the Chicoms. They own the machines and building outright. They basically had to buy something to rifle the barrels.
I have used their customer service by email and they replied promptly. I had a great resolution to my issue. After the fact, I believe my issue was my fault to begin with.

7 Likes

I remembered something from years ago last night, BCA was offering free barrels to Veterans, this was 2012-2015 ?? I remember getting a 16 inch I believe stainless barrel and used it on a build, but have no idea if I shot it much other than a few test rounds to make sure rifle functioned and sold it at some point. I am getting old…

6 Likes

@ridgewalker ever heard of slugging a barrel or lapping a barrrel ? Guys do it on revolvers ? Wonder if it would work on a barrel 16-18" in length ?

5 Likes

Premium barrel makers lap barrels. Rednecks fire lap.

My understanding of slugging is it is more of a cast boolit thing. I can see the need for doing it to find out the idiosyncrasies of an unknown throat. Fire forming and bumping takes care of the shoulder.

6 Likes

I purchased a Faxon, once it is installed and tested I will post an update.

5 Likes

Are you thinking a “break in” period? I have heard of that. At this point I have shot 100 rounds through it.

6 Likes

Yeah seems to me I have heard of this being done.

5 Likes

I have a Diamonback 6.5 grendel, sighted it in about 130 yrds and only put about 40 rounds through it. took a deer down about 300 yards with it.

Picture0409201209_1

8 Likes

Wow! great shot.

6 Likes