CGI - Do you believe what you see?

10 Likes

Minus all the shots on target, it seems to act and move just like every Army guy I’ve ever known.
:rofl:

4 Likes

if only they could teach Marines that well…

2 Likes

So, was that robotic critter real or movie magic?

3 Likes

CGI = computer-generated imagery

Watch out for it

5 Likes

Lol!!

5 Likes

That looks like some of the 308AR.com shoots. :rofl:

5 Likes

CGI was used extensively in this movie

well worth the watch

4 Likes

Saw it last week. Decent flick, albeit ungodly long and starring one of Hollywood’s biggest gun control hypocrites.

4 Likes

Did you note the old actors and the scenes where they were young?

All done with CGI,

Combine with synthetic voice

and you can no longer trust what you see or hear is what you see or hear

A president for example, could from day one be AI, how many presidents have you met in person?

yeah, that’s frightening

3 Likes

Yeah. I found it kind of hokey, but accepted it for what it was so as to not let it detract too heavily from the storyline.

It’ll take some time for truly convincible AI to pass muster in the human mind. Current technology might be able to fool us for a very short period of time, but our subconscious simply won’t allow it to go on for too long without raising major red flags.

5 Likes

IF, if that were true (its not) then politicians wouldn’t be able to do what they do and no state would be blue.

No, while the tech is out there to fool people, the next big fake is the ability to spot a fake,

its already laid out that big brother will authenticate videos for you

4 Likes

That may be true for people who pay attention. But there are large portions of society who are oblivious to the way the world works.

4 Likes

Not a relative comparison in any way, but then I suspect we’re not even talking about the same thing given your example. You seem to be more on The Matrix side of things here, whereas I’m inferring the ability of the human mind to detect real versus fake (that is to say, pick up on the nuances of reality versus visual-based AI) based on current and near term CGI capabilities is not even going to be a close call. Innate human ability to decipher true human interaction relative to CGI efficacy leaves CGI still deep within the realm of science fiction. CGI is not very mature. It can fool the mind momentarily, but it cannot prevail indefinitely. Can CGI get there someday? Maybe. Is it even close by today’s standards? Not at all.

I agree. But what you (and @Robert) are referring to is more of “group think” or mass influence (dare I say, hysteria?) than AI.

3 Likes

I was more referring to individual indifference of surroundings as long as they have what makes them happy at the moment.

4 Likes

I go full blown Matrix :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

^^^^ Beers to both of you fine gents.

4 Likes

…nope, I’m reformed. I’ll let it go without incident…

4 Likes

4 Likes