Charging up for Yotes tonight

The Yotes have gotten some of my layers. I’ve had enough. Night scope is charging. It’s been a growing problem past couple of years. Not enough people have been wacking them.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Good luck, i had a pic fer ya but can’t find it now.

8 Likes

Just post it when you do belt-fed.

9 Likes

uh ooh, your inbox will now be full of pictures of Rick’s yotee :grimacing:

11 Likes

I don’t mind. :grinning:

8 Likes

you will once you figure out what you’re looking at is not k9 :grimacing:

10 Likes

We have a dozen trucks in our area with coyote hunters every weekend . Last year they killed 53.

8 Likes

Lil bit jealous myself. I can’t wait til I can stay home and participate…

https://www.wyobestofthebest.com/

5 Likes

It would be nice to have a good thermal for a tournament like that. The tech is way advance over mine. Exceptional ground to hunt as well

7 Likes

That’s going to be some fun :smiley: good luck!

6 Likes

Dang I have some A-Max around here somewhere, make those yoke skulls turn into dust.

5 Likes

Where’s the yote pics?

6 Likes

We shoot every coyote and bob cat we see .

5 Likes

As President of the P.E.T.A. chapter in my area, i am going to report this to the correct authorities.

6 Likes

Peta=pesky elderly trans ahole

6 Likes

You JUST made that up didn’t you? probably be tired after thinkin of that.

6 Likes

Wasnt hard I just thought of you .

6 Likes

You should stop thinking of me, yer wife is going to get jealous

6 Likes

They cost me money. Wack’m. Coyotes will never go away. They are genetically superior to wolves. They can survive in virtually every climate anywhere. You can’t shoot enough, poison enough. They are here to stay.

They can be managed up to a point and then they go nocturnal and stay nocturnal. The best solution that I’ve heard of is Alpacas or llamas. They guy up the road from me has them. They go after coyotes instantly. I just don’t want to take care of them.

Last night we went out. Then the wind started and it was brutal. From 22 deg. To at least zero wind chill. We packed it in. %^!}#

We had a husky get away from some owner about 5 miles away this last summer. He killed five of my best layers and just left them there on the ground. Didn’t even try to eat even one. We keep a pistol on top of the fridge just for shyt like that. A guy was driving down the dirt road slow and then stopped to ask us if we had seen a husky running around.

I was standing close by with a file of dead birds at my feet after I collected them up. He was talking to my wife. I didn’t have to say a word. She told him what happened and he offered to pay. She said nope but if the dog comes anywhere on this property we were going to shoot it. He apologized and said he understood.

It is perfectly legal for us to wack anything that is after livestock. Excepted golden eagles and other raptors. If it has four legs and a danger to livestock it’s over. A couple of years ago a pair of bald eagles showed up so game and fish was notified and apparently they moved them. I would not have shot them. But it’s the first time I’ve ever seen bald eagles in Colorado.

Once when I was living in Evanston, Wyoming I watch a golden eagle grab a prairie dog and rip it in half with the guts hanging out of it. I was very impressed. I had been sneaking up on that prairie dog town off and on to have some fun with them with an AR. So I watched something rare indeed.

8 Likes