Cheryl Todd - Gun Freedom Radio - GRPC 2019

4 Likes

. All bullshit aside do you think the left stands a chance of pushing threw another more elaborate assualt weapons ban? Is your confidence in the gun community based on wanting to remain as positive as possible or do you really feel we are winning this battle? I am kind of a negative, pessimistic, glass half empty type of guy and see a dark future ahead of us. I dont see us legally being able to own semi auto firearms in most states here in 20 years. I see the left active and at least partially successful whil the right flaps gums and makes no real attempt to combat this oppressive legislation. We basically survive one big bill untail the next with no real answer, no pro gun bills really outside of pointless small scale stuff.

5 Likes

well, considering the gridlock we seem to have now, so long as there is no political shift, i think we are safe. alan gotlieb opened the gun rights policy conference talking about his meetings with politicians and trump himself and was pretty optimistic it would not happen. now, a couple of things not so optimistic are national red flags and universal background checks… but he was still optimistic on that, at this point, as am i.

4 Likes

The demonrat cancer will over run this stupid country soon enough.
They are filling the country with filth. It’s so working in their expanding shitholes.
We are not filling the country with patriots.
My home town then county then state has been ruined by rats.
Your’s are next.
Texas and Florida fall? And they are. We are screwed.
Or felons.
I’ll take Door # 2 Alex"

3 Likes

great outlook (sarcasm) i totally disagree. first, play the whole politics game gives a skewed perception. we have allies in the 2a community all across the political spectrum. labels are just that, actions are what matter. i speak with youth across this country regularly that i believe are our salvation, all we gotta do is hold on and if this conference was any indication of our ability to hold on, we are going to accomplish it. i hear the whole gloom and doom arguments like your all the time and you are well entitled to have those opinions. i do think your time could be better and more effective if spent on more positive things… but again your choice. either way, i have enough positive for more than myself. as for texas, we are fine here, in a much better position than is being reported. i got back to the whole gloom and doom, if that is all you hear, if that is all you consume, that is all you will see. and make no mistake, all sides of any issue purposely spread those negative narratives to de motivate people, to break their spirits down, why, because that is an effective tool to wining a movement. i will not let them do that to me.

3 Likes

No doom and gloom — truth and a warning because I’m living it…
Numbers do not lie.
In our rat destroyed state I’ve fought the fight longer than most only to lose over and over.
Been chased out [see above] by the dnc rat cancer from north to south.

It was a warning. How many states have fallen and how many will?
Prepare ---- or not.

4 Likes

100% with you

3 Likes

I agree 100% all it will take is losing Texas and we are royally fucked. Didnt the dems get 44% of the votes in Texas last year?

2 Likes

texas has NEVER been as red as everyone makes it out to be. texas has a long history of being blue. the issue is not of political race here. in fact, the democrats have, with the help of some major rinos had a pretty good strangle on our legislature for many years. that has started to turn thankfully but even through those years, we have passed pro 2a stuff, defeated anti 2a stuff and rolled back 2a infringements.

3 Likes

where are you “living it”? maybe i can help you align with some folks you know nothing about that are doing great things in your particular area.

2 Likes

that is a great tag line and platitude… but where is the substance behind it? so two questions, how exactly do we prepare for the flipping of states to anti liberty? and more importantly… shouldn’t we be more focused on defending liberty rather than preparing for when it falls? that sounds like a defeatist attitude to me. no where in the history of anything has any team won, any movement won, any cause won through that type of attitude. and as for us never winning anything, many are just not aware. Texas rolled back nearly a dozen anti 2nd regulations recently, Kentucky, South Dakota and Oklahoma now have constitutional carry, Chicago Guns Matter have won several big lawsuits in that city… Chicago of all places. Washington sheriffs as well as sheriffs in many other “red flag” states continue to not enforce those terrible laws… There was almost a law passed in Oregon requiring that firearm safety be a part of the public school curriculum… it narrowly lost out due to, honestly, lack of awareness. we have wins, we have wins all over the place. do we live in reality, sure, we have to take the good with the bad but our community is over ridden with people who focus too much on the wrong things. let’s talk about the wins more, that encourages people to pick up and fight along side of us for more wins, people like a winning team, if we act like winners, because we are winning, then we can potentially get that ultimate win. if you are a part of the echo chamber, i get it, because negativity is the flavor of the day, i makes the money for those who peddle it, it grows the brands of those who peddle it. but more people are waking up to realize this and move, at least, to a more healthy, balanced, perspective on what is going on.

2 Likes

Hi CloverTac:

While I wish that I could be as confident as you in that we will not see Red Flag laws, I believe they are coming, and quickly. Let me sum up why I feel this way. The push by the DSA/dnc as you and I both know is for confiscation of all firearms. They are following Alinsky’s levels of power to a tee. Since Robert Francis’ statement on AR-15 confiscation it has shown that such an act in this nation would be met with absolute non-compliance. By having the Red Flag law in place they back door to confiscation will be open and the DSA/dnc and the MSM will use the non-compliance as an indicator to institute and act on the Red Flag statue. I don’t need to go into the absolute unconstitutionality of these laws, as you and I are both fully aware that they violate the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, and 14th amendments. And the very intent and spirit of the Constitution. For these reasons and the fact that even the Republicans are weak kneed in this, I fear we WILL see national Red Flag and that it will compromise us in any action of non compliance we would make regarding a total ban of firearms.
JMHO

3 Likes

i don’t agree at this point we will see those nationally, the sentiment from many top tier 2A people last weekend seemed to point to this and they have better eyes and ears than any of us. but it is most certainly something we need to be vigilant about. one of the things we can do is to get out the vote for pro 2a sheriffs that can and have refused to enforce those things. the beauty of a republic is the checks and balances we have, our sheriffs play a vital role in way more than most realize. just voting for these folks is not enough however, if we live in areas that have bad sheriffs, we need to find opposition and volunteer, campaign, bus people to the polls, whatever we need to do to get good ones in and bad ones out. that does not solve the issue, sure, but it at least gives us breathing room until we can get more accomplished. our rights have not been removed hastily (as you pointed out) and haste will not restore them either. i think too many want everything rolled back tomorrow and are so focused on that they forget, it is a process, look at the process, look at the little things. yes, i am overall an optimistic person but it is because i do not follow the big gloom and doom youtubers, they are just there to tell you that to stoke discontent, to capitalize on the fear. how do i know this… well, for starters, NONE of them were at the Gun Rights Policy Conference. if they really cared about anything other than numbers, if they were really in the fight with us, then why skip out? this same sentiment goes for the MSM you mentioned, right wing sources included. all sides are playing the fear game because it is popular, it gets view and it makes money… why do we continue to let them do that, why do we continue to perpetuate their narratives when there are so many positive things that need attention too? a mass murder gets weeks over coverage, an anti gun bill gets months of coverage, anything pro 2a gets a day if that… see the issue?

2 Likes

And where were they when bump stocks got banned? If they were so all-knowing wouldnt we all be in a better position? As Ive said before im in Oregon and most of this crap is already here.

2 Likes

Oregon, got it, maybe look up Derek LeBlanc with Kids SAFE Foundation, he is the one that nearly got firearms education in schools there. I am sure he would appreciate the help and might be able to better help you navigate some of the crap you are going through there with people on the street. as for the bump stocks, well, there are court battles still going on… so yeah, the fights have been happening by both the SAF and GOA on that front. in fact, the SCOTUS should be hearing the New York transport case soon freeing them up for another second amendment case. but realize this, the bump stock was not legislated as it should have been, that was a bureaucratic over reach. on that honestly WE let happen. if you go read the final report from the ATF, we were beat to death on the second round of comments. there were only a few thousand unique comments filed, the rest were form letters and the ATF seen this, we dropped the ball… many of use did our best to get the word out and encourage people to speak up, not just encourage to speak up but how to speak up to be more effective, IE, unique letters rather than form letters. that did not happen so here we sit. so back to the subject of these great creators that people hold on high, what could have happened if they would have joined that campaign, as they should have? at the end of the day, they are free to do whatever they please but it does sadden one and make them wonder.

3 Likes

by the way, worth mentioning the elephant in the room here, the NRA-ILA certainly DID NOT help things when it came to bump stocks. they are paying the price now of course but a lot of that lies square on their shoulders for trying to play footsie with the issue instead of taking a harder stance. they too could have turned out those comments as i eluded to earlier but took a way more fuddish position which i am sure became the sentiment of many of their members.

3 Likes

Oregons fucked, no pro gun advocate is going to save it they can just delay the inevitable a little bit. Portland pretty much makes all the calls and they are mostly all Californians.

2 Likes

I addressed the issue. The fact is while we hear about all these wonderful things that are being done, and by the way I do not discount them as I live in a 2A carry state. The basic underlying direction remains as I stated and the evidence is clear to me after 60+ years of life I can unequivocally state that not just my 2A rights, but ALL my rights have been severely diminished in the name of communism, under the guise of public safety. I will agree to disagree with you on this, and hopefully through 2A unity and conservative Constitutional interpretation, that a reversal of this very disturbing trend to our rights and our nation can be realized.

3 Likes

I would not hold your breath, imo.

2 Likes

The Peoples Republic of NJ The state HAS fallen to the rats.
We’re trying to take it back.
Our 2a fighters? I probably know a bunch already.
We just elected one of our own to the NRA board.
We’re active but still been losing bad, VERY BAD.
Apathy and not voting is a big problem.

2 Likes