Clint Smith on single revolvers

I found these videos pretty entertaining. SA revolvers are some of the sexiest firearms ever made,imo.

9 Likes

This is on DA revolvers

7 Likes

I love wheel guns. The safety and reliability makes them a great choice for home defense, but the low capacity is a drawback. I can reload very quickly with speed loaders at the range, but I would probably have trouble under stress. Still, revolvers are more than adequate for most home invasion situations I would assume. I read somewhere that the majority of self-defense shootings involve a single attacker and only last a few seconds, with few rounds fired. Perhaps a LEO member can chime in about that?

5 Likes

Not a Leo here, but just get on utube sometime and watch a bunch of Active Self Protection’s videos.
After watching tons of those over the past few years, there’s no way I’d carry a revolver for self defense, unless I didn’t have the option of carrying a high capacity auto.
You never get a choice about who is going to attack you, or how many, or where they’re coming from. I want every single advantage I can get if stuff gets ugly fast, ymmv.

5 Likes

I agree. I don’t want a fair fight. If the bad guy has 10 rounds, I want 20.

5 Likes

The addiction is strong. I own more SAA’s than I own AR’s.

5 Likes

They are not optimal for self defense but they are still a viable option. There is a learning curve to using one though, tbh I suck at shooting them but really enjoy it. Just like the 1911 its past its prime and outdated but still very capable of doing the job…plus ,Aesthetics and shit.

2 Likes

Your mother said to put your trolling b.s. on the back burner, at least for Mother’s day. I stuck up for you though, I told her not to talk with her mouth full…

3 Likes

No need to get worked up, gramps. I said it was outdated not ineffective at doing its job. Its a viable option but not optimal ,bet youve been told that by a few women.

4 Likes

Get off my lawn!

3 Likes

Great videos.

3 Likes

@jf89, That’s why God made cows, okay :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::crazy_face::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Ditto. And if a 300 gr pill coming out of a 4-5/8 barrel at 1200 fps ain’t enough, how about a 260 grainer at 1900 out of a 7-1/2" Examples of a couple of my many Single Action Wheel Guns. Hard to match that with an automatic, maybe a LAR or Desert Eagle.

7 Likes

The era of my formative years was mostly was one dominated by revolvers.
Semi-autos were rarely encountered or available.
To this day, I use the semi-auto for competition, but consider a revolver my go to.

5 Likes