Code readers

The far right is the OTC Genisys. It was the cat’s meow for years. Cornwell, MAC, Matco, all made copies of it. Pending on how old or new of a vehicle your working on you can find used ones in your area for dirt cheap. Check Craig’s list for one. You might be surprised how cheap you can pick one up from a guy who used to wrench.

6 Likes

I never coded an actual stand alone ECU. I did do minor pulse width adjustments with an AEM Piggyback setup. It was fun and had a bypass harness. I used it for nitrous. Kind of a pain though. I had to unplug the bypass harness and plug in the main harness then turn my bottle on before racing. It was never a rev up and race thing which made it a hassle

7 Likes

The good old days!

7 Likes

I’ll take a set of points and a distributor wrench, then grudgingly toss my flip phone in the glove box

8 Likes

I even blew a spark plugs porcelain strait out of the metal threads street tuning that thing. Still drove home on 3 cylinders though lol.

Tore apart the head and nothing was in the cylinder. Replaced the spark plug and away she went. Honda’s are bulletproof.

Yeah a Honda… don’t laugh

7 Likes

Points are definitely easy. Good for teaching younger guys how stuff works too.

7 Likes

That’s freaking rude!!! on a completely unrelated note, I found @Belt-Fed 's high school yearbook picture…

5 Likes

I wasn’t serious, I ditched the points to burn oil, no spark needed :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

I wouldn’t dream of it. I loved the B18 and H22 the most in my day but in the end “American Rice” was how I ended my career.

7 Likes

I had the K20

7 Likes

Glow plug rider! I forgot!

6 Likes

The B18 was bulletproof too. Didn’t have any experience in the H22

7 Likes

…I just dated myself again didn’t I…LOL

The was the cool newer motors!

7 Likes

…[insert farm animal of choice here]

6 Likes

Well now that this thread is completely derailed I guess I will clean the garage. Lol

4 Likes

You know all about inserting farm animals homo

4 Likes

There was no rice in a Saturn,

And they tested those exceptionally well, had one of the Redlines for a bit

7 Likes

flagged

4 Likes

Eh, 4cyl = rice on the drag strip in those days, but yes a domestic vehicle none the less.

This is what I raced before getting the Saturn.

9 Likes

@switchpod, super sweet captain :+1:

8 Likes