Colt is getting back into revolvers

And I might have a chubby…

10 Likes

It’d be great if they brought back the entire snake series.

6 Likes

It’s a wonder they finally returned to revolvers. I guess they watched the selling prices of their previous products grow dramatically and other makers, like Kimber, are trying to take advantage of the absence of Colt in the marketplace.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie. I got wood.

3 Likes

Exciting news! It’s about time!

3 Likes

Bump.

2 Likes

Fuk colt, gave up on them ever since they came up with the large trigger pins and shelf crap to kiss up to anti gunners.

3 Likes

Seems like a fairly common opinion now of days.

4 Likes

Certainly are some reasons for that opinion to have developed.

5 Likes

Said it before when colt stopped saling to the civilian market during the Clinton years they lost me as a customer forever . I will not buy any colt.

1 Like

I still prefer the S&W revolvers over Colts.
Simpler design and better everything in general.

2 Likes

I like smiths over any other revolvers .

2 Likes

Fortunately for those of us who prefer the S&W design, plenty of gun manufacturers have copied it.
From Taurus to the cheap alloy framed revolvers from West Germany.
It’s been a successful design since they made their first one back in 1852.

2 Likes

I have zero experience with Colt revolvers, I prefer Rugers, tbh. In terms of function were the Colts really any better or more of a name brand thing?

1 Like

From my experience, functionality (compared to Smith’s) not much of a difference. Great triggers, more accurate than most shooters and very reliable. And I guess that could be said for most revolvers. The main difference is a Python is just as sexy looking as a revolver can get. Regrets? I have a couple😪

3 Likes

I like S&W’s cylinder lock better, pressing forward vs pulling back

2 Likes

Jerry Miculek approves this message.

4 Likes

Im still pretty new to wheel guns but ive handled and shot a few Rugers and 686. I also know how to field strip them. I prefer Ruger over S&W for multiple reasons:

Field stripping and overall design
No side plate
Triple locking cylinder
Ruger uses a peg thing that holds the mainspring and hammer strut making grip size selection better.

S&W does have a smooth glass like action though. Really wish I could play with a Colt bit prolly never will since im not really a fan as of late.

3 Likes