Compromise is key for happy marriage!

4 Likes

My compromise? Wife took the AR, so I bought an AK. Life is good.

3 Likes

Hmmm, compromise…A nice word for suckin up.:rofl:

3 Likes

Any relationship succeeds only with compromise. Two or more folks are of individual-minds. that sets up a time for compromise.
I have had much experience with compromise, so also mention timing, do I get a new gun or will she need groceries for us all. Timing bad, and alerts the partner that a gun is involved, usually hers.

3 Likes

I’ve been married for 35 years, living together is a give and take process. Some young people marry for sex and those usually don’t last. only if you truly care and love the one you chose will it work.

My wife has been going through dementia for the last three years. if you have ever lived with a person with the terrible disease you know what trying times it can be. Patience is a virtue.

You have to realize that it’s the disease that is causing all of this. you have to be ready to assume all things that are to be and embrace it.

you have to take all responsibility and household chores that was once divided amongst you. you have to learn new things that is traditionally done by your partner. You have to realize that from now on things are only going to get worse and you have to take on all things in your life that was previously shared

When you accept all these things with sadness and do them with love in your heart, Then you know the one you have picked and lived with for so long was meant to be.

6 Likes

I don’t have the words. My father went through something similar until my mother passed. Stay strong.

3 Likes

You hit me in the feels brother. Stay strong for your partner. I cherish every second I’m with mine.

4 Likes

That’s tough going. I feel for you. Took care of my mother-in-law for 4 years with her dementia right up until she passed away. It was really rough. Stay strong.

4 Likes

I’ve been married for 37 years to a woman that can be the most goofy person or the smartest person I have ever meet and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

5 Likes

Happy Marriage:

Shes Right Your Wrong.
ALWAYS.
BUT
It is better to beg forgiveness then ask permission.
When buying guns anyway.
As long as YOU admit you did it before SHE finds out…

31 Years here.

3 Likes