Concealed carry for wifey

That’s what I was thinking. Going to try it around the house maybe and see how it feels.

My EDC is a Kimber Ultra Raptor 45ACP. My wife also settled on a 1911 and now carries the Springfield EMP 9mm. She tried a .380 and a couple 9mm before finally choosing the Springfield for her EDC. That said, there’s no telling what any particular woman would prefer any more than men all have the same preferences. The far bigger problem for her is choosing a holster. Took me a few to find what I like. She has more dang holsters than shoes.

1 Like

Well my Wife has carried a few pistols but she stopped searching and has found her match with the CZ P-07. I also trust that firearm my self, but like you I have a favorite that I have north of 7,000 rounds through and have carried for 15 years and trained with. It’s hard to switch horses in the middle of a race!

I have the PPS M2 and it’s $349. at Buds. Great gun and good size.

1 Like

Good gun at a great price!

The PPQ is a good quality albeit jumpy gun. May I suggest you upgrade with Springco recoil management system and spring set, Streamlight TLR-3, talon grips and Meprolight Tru-Dots? Avoid the DPM recoil reduction system. It’s okay but not +P rated (and thus will not have the desired effect with Speer LE GDHPs/Federal HSTs), Springco’s is. I think you’ll do her a big favor having her PPQ tricked out like this. Blade-Tek can mold her a holster w/ Tek-Lok specific to this entire setup.

1 Like

Carry solution for weak handed,or elderly!s$w 380 ez easy rack and controls for those with issues, a note about pickin wifeys gun! I wouldnt dare tell my wife what to like buy or do! Just a consideration.happy wife…:joy:

1 Like

Knowing how to shoot well can have a tremendous influence on the choice of guns, especially handguns.
Even a little instruction from a knowledgeable instructor can have a major affect on what she will shoot well…

1 Like

What you said! What you said !training! Shoot! Train! Load! Shoot train yep!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

It is a relly nice belt. My girl uses the similar system. Works good, looks good…

1 Like

My southern bell came already trained & equipped with a 1911 45acp. (I try to stay on her good side)

6 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade:

Lucky you!

1 Like

Glock 43 Is what I got my wife. She loves it…and so do I! It maintains a good size grip in a thin package. She had tried a few small 38 revolvers and she did not like it. It fits well in compression shorts for when she goes for runs.

2 Likes

My sister is a unbelievable shooter. I took her to my range and she shot a huge Glock 21 without any issue in fact way tighter groups than I did and Ive been a Range Instructor on my Police Department since 96. She tends to love her Ruger Sp101 but since she has no issue with firing any firearm well our biggest issue now is getting her to carry in a holster that she will actually use. She tends to like to use her sticky holsters with a belt for IWB and she loves my Shield so I may let her have it or buy it really cheap. I can always get my discount and get another one. I thought she would have more issues with the smaller semi-autos but she shoots everything I put in front of her amazingly.

3 Likes

Glock 42 or 43, only 6 rnds though. Depending on how much you want to spend. My wife has a glock 26 we both carry. Revovers taurus has some fine affordable revolvers. Model 850 or the new 856. I will be picking up the latter soon. Then for twice the price there is the ruger sp101’s very nice. And smith makes some snubbies also. Sold my sp101, money issues. Kicked like crazy in 357 mag so used 38’s mostly.

3 Likes

Honestly, .357 magnum kicks in any size frame but you are correct the Sp101 in that caliber is a beast. Our philosophy is carry the .357 for protection, shoot the 38 special for training and target then end the shooting day with .357 just five rounds to blow the dirty carbon loose and get the idea. Not a thing wrong with plus P" 38 special either. I use strictly Underwoods Xtreme Defender ammo in the calibers I carry for protection. For me it’s a SP101 or my Ruger LCR in 38special. To me the revolvers feel more comfortable and natural on my body despite the litany of semi-automatics I own.

RSjr:

yeah, .357 magnum kicks a bit, especially in lighter guns. I like to carry .38 special (+p in the all steel handguns) in my handguns.

I found that the SP101, even in 2.25 inch barrel, is very accurate with .38 special +p in single action mode. Never did well with it in double action mode (which is why I sold mine). Great gun overall, though. And, it has a faster twist rate than the GP100 (SP101 = 1:16 ; GP100 = 1:18.75). Probably helps the SP101 be even more accurate.

The new S&W .380 EZ is worth a look for the female shooter.

Hmmm…

I found something else we may need to try. I sort of like what I see here for her carry and for a range hole puncher.

http://armscor.com/firearms/bbr-series/baby-rock-380/

Anybody have one of these?

1 Like

I carry a Springfield EMP, 9mm. But I just got an M&P that I’ll be adding to my license.