Considering this property:

It would make a nice place to put a little place to retire.

12 Likes

You really want to deal with an HOA?

9 Likes

Many places like that require them to maintain the private roads, no county maintenance, there not so bad, even good

7 Likes

I know just had some bad experience with an HOA in FLA :nazi: The place looks nice thou

9 Likes

If you are seriously considering it, some similar developments have restrictions about building permanent structures - you can build a “camp”, but you can’t build a 2 bedroom, 1 bath home with central heat and air. Be sure to ask what is involved in getting utilities to the property.

8 Likes

I’d find out how high the river rises, too. There’s a reason it’s trees and no grass or small shrubs.

7 Likes

Bunnies? :rabbit:

4 Likes

I get the feeling it’s not that sort of HOA. I’m familiar with this kind of set up. It’s not the “you have a boat in the yard. You have a flag on the pole”-type stuff.

Utilities are there, just not mentioned. I am familiar with the area. Might even have county water. rather do a well. It would probably be shallow in the area. An HOa of this type is usually for just road maintenance and creating a party area for the neighbors. You can tell when “campers and RVs are welcome”. I like the idea of no entry for outsiders. Fishing, hunting is easy to come by in the area.

True! I do know the area. it probably flooded a few years ago with the “1000 year flood”, meaning 1-2 feet. I’d build up a nice plateau. There usually aren’t much grass around the area. If you look to the buffer along the property line left behind , it is all shrubs, bushes and trees. I have canoed, tubed and camped all along the bogue chitto

9 Likes

Looks pretty nice with some fishing spots nearby.

8 Likes

Nice, but you wouldn’t own down to the water? Who would own that strip of land between the property and the water?

6 Likes

The “neighborhood” It’s to be gated soon. I am packing up to spend a few days up at the BOL. I will contact him there.

5 Likes

Looks like it is downstream from the BCWP. Lots of noisy tubers coming down that river. Do they go past your spot?"

4 Likes