Contemporary Rifles to Consider for Defense

300 yards with same gun.

Picture1129181509_1

9 Likes

450 yards.

Picture1128181534_1

8 Likes

Thanks @Belt-Fed How does the 7.62x39 compare to those? Ya got one to throw in the picture?

5 Likes

Not bad , the 6.5 is tempting…

3 Likes

except for the 300 blackout, not even close.

6 Likes

7.62x39 is a close quarter round close to the .300 blackout in performance. Its a commie round though… you dont want to support communism, do you? :eye:

6 Likes

Pretty sure my tax dollars are already doing that

8 Likes

.300 win mag and 6.5 look pretty evenly matched in terms of trajectory and range but the 6.5 has close to.308 ballistics. Guys shoot these consistently out past a 1000 yards. The .300 win mag is a beast of a round but it kicks like a mule.

4 Likes

I like the idea of the long range a lot but not really wanting to be kicked by a mule. I’ve been kicked by a Percheron mare protecting her foal and still have the dent in my leg to prove it.

7 Likes

You dont want to support it anymore than you already do , right?

Youre being forced with taxes but its another thing entirely to support them like this.

3 Likes

Are you saying if I buy 7.62x39 ammo that I am supporting commies?

5 Likes

I fired hot rounds put of a savage and it banged like @LonewolfMcQuade s mom, let me tell you what.

It does pack alot more punch though, it puts elk down very nicely.

4 Likes

Of course, especially if its surplus. Think about America.

5 Likes

Now if you want something that is lightweight, then the 6.5 Grendel is the way to go. it’s on the ar 15 frame. Another Diamondback

9 Likes

Most underated AR round, imo. @switchpod is into 6.5 grendel too. Its cheap to buy in bulk in comparison to the 6.5 creedmoor or .308 too.

7 Likes

The creedmore has slightly less kick than the 308

6 Likes

I hadn’t craoked a doe in a long time. I don’t take pics of them when I do. I shoot them in the head. no meat wasted but it makes for an ugly picture.

6 Likes

Yeah, I can take you one, back in a bit.

5 Likes

What kind of AK?

4 Likes

L to R 7.62x39, Grendel and creedmore.

6 Likes