Could a 300 BLK can handle low pressure 223Rem

Chris, I will do that. I am going to do some case prep now.

2 Likes

be careful shootings 77 grain bullets if barrel twist is not right, 77’s will start keyholing quick coming out a 1/9 twist barrel…luckily for me I shot some 77 subsonic loads without Suppressor at 25 yards and they were clean keyholes at that distance…I could easily have damaged my Suppressor if I had not shot a few first.

3 Likes

Hey guys Allegiance Ammo here. We make a 93gr Lead Frangible 95gr solid lead 110gr Lead Free tungsten Frangible and a 130gr lead Free Frangible. They will run in a 7”-16” upper if it’s the proper mil spec. If your gun won’t run Subsonic we can help you tune it. Sometimes it’s just a simple spring or buffer adjustment. Any questions please feel free to give us a call

4 Likes

Any questions give us a shout. With the correct mil spec barrel you can shoot a 110 or even a 130 with no keyhole

4 Likes

Thank you for that. I will double check my barrel before I proceed. I may buy Quickload and really tailor my ammo for all my varying setups.

1 Like

Thank you sir. I got the cycling issue resolved as of yesterday and my we had a good couple of hours during our second trip to the range yesterday. Nothing serious, just having fun. I let my daughter get some practice in with my pistol build and her little 9mm.

1 Like

Sir that is impressive and you are in Virginia too. I am on your site right now taking a look at what you guys are offering.

1 Like

I just checked and both my pistol builds have 1/7 barrels. I really should start to catalog my builds offline.

1 Like

very cool ammo!

my reply concerned 5.56 not 300 BLK…which I hope was obvious…never saw any 77 grain 30cal. bullets before…

2 Likes

I assumed that and I have a 5.56 pistol in addition to my 300 BLK one. I’ve never seen anything that light subsonic either. The lightest 30 cal sub load I’ve ever personally seen was 187gr. I’ve seen that take three deer within an hour from a stand.

1 Like

With powder Metal we could probably make some 70-80 gr 308. Powder metal is almost limitless as to what you can do with. We made some 325gr 50BMG before

2 Likes