Couple of black powder accessories.

You ever get a ramrod stuck? you have to try and pull it with pliers and they don’t work so great on a round stick. plus if your ramrod is wood they scar it up. these things work good. you have plenty of pulling power and it don’t scar up your rod.

http://www.octobercountry.com/msm-ramrod-puller/

4 Likes

You ever load a ball without the powder? On a side lock it’s not so easy to get out. they have a screw you put on the ramrod to pull it. in most cases this works well. this device shoots a high pressure stream of air through the nipple hole. I have used it twice. it worked once and the other it would/t shoot the bullet out.

3 Likes

You have provided recommendations for Essential tools for black powder rifle ramrods, I have used them regularly for many years. Also, I ordered from October Country as well, good selection.

3 Likes

Not essential - but handy. Muzzleloaders were in use for 400 years without such things.

A length of cord and a rolling hitch tied to a branch will pull a ramrod without marring it.

And everyone should own and know how to use a screw ball puller. For those “aw crap” moments.

1 Like