Cov 19

Sorry I haven’t had the chance to post in a while… been extremely busy with finishing my journey for my graduate program, unfortunately all students were suspended from clinicals now to to the virus. Fortunately, I have gone back to working full time therapist in the hospital and front lines of the Cov 19 virus. I treated my first positive patient a couple of days ago… yes, he has survived and doing better, all precautions were take when treating. The rehabs are not willing to take these people and only option is to send home after they are stable, which means up to us (therapists) to get them strong enough to go home…I realized during my session with this adult, that the stigma of the virus consumed my very essence of ability to treat him without fear. I knew during the session my outlook had to change, this guy, this veteran, this dad, this, brother needed my help… he began crying stating he hadn’t seen A face in over 30 days, except on TV, eyes behind a mask, and face shielded with enormous amounts of personal protective equipment… he hadn’t seen his family in over 30 days… this man who had protected this great country and put his life on the line for us, now needed my help. I felt honored! But I also realized I had to separate the sigma of the virus from the person… my oath was to help people no matter race, creed, or sickness… true story, missed you guys!!

18 Likes

Thank you sir for what you do. Takes a special person too look death in the face and still carry on duties as needed. you have everyone heres total respect. Don’t ever think you guys are not appreciated. May god bless all of you.

15 Likes

Great share and thank you brother!

15 Likes

Cheers, just doing my part in this crazy situation!!

15 Likes

Thank you for what you do!

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story from the front lines and helping this gentleman in his time of need.

12 Likes

That is a heart wrenching story, what a blessed soul you are, you keep the faith, keep the passion, compassion, empathy, keep the humanity brother and carry on!

12 Likes

Thank you and stay safe, brother.

10 Likes

It’s awful seeing these patients like this; however, I will say… the healthy are community has really come together to show compassion!!! Truly heart warming!! Thanks guys!!

9 Likes