Covering Fire is back at it!

Hear us try to remember how to do a podcast with our old buddy, Alex, from Open Container.

6 Likes

When will these be in video format ?

4 Likes

You guys really want 1 hour videos of the podcast?

5 Likes

@CloverTac what do you think?

5 Likes

@Robert @DarkCornerGunworks I don’t think it honestly matters one way or another. people tend to not listen with videos as it is, so maybe, just maybe, IF, they will actually turn on an audio podcast they will in fact listen to what is being said without getting distracted by video. if you notice, my Firearm Friday is random as to whether there is video… why, well because not all guests want to be on the camera. i don’t fret about it too much either because it all releases to audio podcast platforms, many of them, where there cannot be video anyway. AND, those places get WAY more clicks and listens than FULL30, YouTube and GunStreamer COMBINED.

So, I am not familiar with this but say if it is not already on various podcast platforms, it needs to be, video platforms really are not the place for long format content, at least not this long BUT these also definitely need to be here and on other video platforms because there ARE people who want that type of content.

As for whether or not to do video, maybe mix it up and just see what happens BUT as I said, don’t put a lot of stock in a few people’s opinions, look at the podcast audience as a whole and move in that direction.

6 Likes

oh, let me be more clear maybe… when i say “video” i mean actual webcam footage… you should already be using a thumbnail or other static image and uploading here and on other video places… sorry, after typing earlier thought that might have been confusing.

6 Likes

meh, that’s what you say :smirk:

DCG sounds like you need 10 minute videos, maybe the first 10 of a podcast, to lure in more listeners?

5 Likes

Anchor.fm uploads it to like 8 other platforms (google, apple, spotify, radio public, etc). And some of them send it out to other platforms I don’t even know about. So, we’re definitely broadcasting. But, we’re only 13 episodes in. Maybe I will recycle some exerts from episodes and do like a rolling, static images thing just to try and draw more people to the podcast. It’s the only thing I have that’s monetized, so far. So, traffic there would be pretty neat. Lol

4 Likes