CZ 807 kills 'em all?

The Galil ACE is being hyped shamelessly but it’s actually a very limited rifle. Not much better than an AK if at all. A Vepr with cleaned up guts will do everything a Galil ACE can at a lower price point and will be more accurate. The ACE brings nothing spectacular to the table in the 7.62x39 realm. In fact is a rather conservative gun. The FN Tuna on he other hand, I really really like. I wish FN would bring those back because I’d love to own one. Then again, given that it’s based on the AK, the piggy will eat anything you feed it. That’s one of the plusses of the AK system. Overall, I consider the ACE series fun bbq guns but nothing really more than that. As LArry already pointed out: it is an inaccurate rifle and has very high flex. That top rail is useless. If you want an AK, just get an AK and learn to use the irons, there’s nothing wrong with them. An entry level AK is a 150/200m platform, so anyone with good eyes can handle it with the irons. AK’s aren’t rifles, they’re SMGs on steroids.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/special-operations/sofins-french-gign-gets-new-rifle/

1 Like

Very interesting article! I sincerely wish CZ every bit of luck with the P10C and 807. Both are very serious candidates to get me off the striker fired pistol and 7.62x39 fence.

Personally if I were in the market for a 7.62x39 caliber rifle in a platform other than an AK, which I love my ak’s and think it will always be my to hell and back rifle, I’d give some really serious thought to the m+m m10x-z which is their tweeked version of the m10 elite with the Magpul zhukov stock. Check out Alabama Arsenal’s video on it over on YouTube, they do a great job explaining the operating system which is a very unique blend, hell the whole rifle is! It’s not just a standard AK which u would think once seeing it takes ak mags, but it’s a blend of the fal, ak, and sig550 series. Seems to be easily suppresable and very easy to mount optics with it’s monolithic full railed upper that hinges just like an fn fal…awesome rifle overall! Oh and i believe it would probably be around half-third the price of an 807.

From what I here they aren’t all too accurate and suffer from reliability issues. Iraqvet made a video a while back, I wasn’t impressed. I’ve given up on anything AK-ish/7.62x39 because the AR-15 serves me fine and I did away with all my other rifles long ago. I have absolutely zero use for anything non-AR-15.

Their new version seems to be quite a bit better than the m10x elite, the ones that Eric and Chad were messing with were very early production, damn near prototype rifles…they’ve made great improvement since then. If long range target accuracy is what you’re looking for then I wouldn’t suggest any rifle in 7.62x39, they’re not tac drivers that shoot 3 shot groups thru the same hole at 400 yards. They are however battlefield accurate. Minute of man @ 300 meters is more than enough to get the job done and that rifle is capable of much more. Basically if u can see it then u can kill the shit out of it, what else do u need in a battle rifle?

1 Like

Roger that. Still, that ch is a huge ingress point though.

I agree, an fnc/galil ace style spring loaded gate would be a nice upgrade to help resolve that problem or even an ar style dust cover. It’s an interesting rifle, something other than the average ak or ar. I like to see new companies in the industry making an effort to create something new. It’s about the only non traditional ak I’d consider, possibly the arak series from faxon would be something I’d kick around

The ACE is interesting but -like anything IWI- is overrated. Personally I hold FN in higher regard. The FNC/Bofors AK5 is just darn sexy. I had the chance to play with an AK5 once. Very nice, solid and balanced rifle.

I am just getting started in the “Black Rifle” and have been trying to decide what rifle to start with. My searches have included AR -DI, AR-Piston, Sig MCX, Bushmaster ACR, and Bren 807.

I want a rifle for home defense and SHTF situation.This my be my only rifle in this configuration for quite some time.

I am most excited about the Sig and the Bren. Then either one of the AR’s or the ACR. My question is, as a new owner with the potential of only having one of this style rifle…what do you think I should get?
The replies to simar questions I have seen around the web seem to point towards a AR-DI for the ability to get parts and ammo should we have a SHTF scenario. Do you guys agree?

Thanks,

Chris.

1 Like

In7.62x39 the 807 is the only rifle I’s give serious consideration. SIG is junk man, stay away from that has-been-brand.

As for AR’s, look no further than the PWS MK118 Mod 2. They don’t get any better than that, it’s truly AR-15 Nirvana. You honestly don’t need more rifles than 1 AR-15. Train as you fight. Can you carry numerous rifles simultaneously? That’s what I’m talking about:wink: 1 pistol and 1 rifle are all you need. If you set up your rifle purely for HD a 16" barrel will do fine. Just keep in mind that you’re setting it up for 55gr (TBBC ammo) @ 100m tops. Remember that 62gr rounds REQUIRE a minimal barrel length of 18", no matter what people tell you otherwise. Don’t let anyone fool you that 16" will do fine for all 5.56 rounds because that is horsepoop. 5.56 needs good barrel length in order to reliably fragment, because that is what is was deigned to doin the first place.

You might want to consider the X95 as well, it is ideally suited for CQB. If your only concern is HD I would strongly suggest looking in to that gun as well. Downside will be that you’re screwed when in an environment in which your rifle will be prone to jamming because of debris entering the system, as it has huge ingress points. There are YT vids showing the X95 fail epically when exposed to dirt/mud conditions. The AR on the other hand is an occlusive platform that will run reliably.

Good luck making your decision!

1 Like

That’s the 806, AKA BREN 2, that MAC is holding; the 807 is the nomenclature for the Indian contract 7.62x39mm rifles, IIRC. While the BREN 2 is being looked at for importation to the US, to the best of my knowledge the BREN 807 is not, not right now.
I fully agree, the BREN 2 will be VERY highly sought after, but I am quite happy with my FDE BREN 805.