CZ75 vs Glock17

• CZ75
  • Glock 17

0 voters

5 Likes

Owned both…G17 is still my choice.

3 Likes

Do you mean CZ-P07 vs Glock17?

A compact pistol vs a full size pistol is an interesting comparison, but wouldn’t a CZ-P09 vs Glock17 be more of an apples to apples comparison.

Don’t get me wrong here I love both firearms.

3 Likes

Neither one is a 1911 so You need a none of the above choice .

5 Likes

I work on both, Cerakote both… Glock 100%

4 Likes

Plastic is for making dildos.

Steel is real

5 Likes

I’m no Glock guy. @DarkCornerGunworks can confirm, but given the choice between a Glock 17 and a CZ75, I’m going to choose the reliability of the Glock.

3 Likes

Having used both in many matches and training sessions, my choice would be the CZ.
Better in every way, accuracy, ergonomics, features, and trigger.
And they even fit 1911 holsters.

3 Likes

We are talking the P07 Duty here…not the all steel CZ75. I think a couple guys missed that.
Both polymer pistols.
And trust me…the P07 will not come near fitting in a 1911 holster.

The only thing I really hated about the P07 was that darned horn coming off the back. Conceal carry that critter for a while and you’ll see what I mean.
I almost cut mine off but decided to sell it instead.
Also think it’s easier to rack the slide on the G17 since there’s more exposed slide there.
Earlier versions of the P07 had some frame issues as well.
They both shoot well…but the Glock still gets my love…grudgingly.

2 Likes

Between those two? CZ hands down. Open to others? Neither. I do however smell this topic turning sour as the glock fandom having such strong opinions and being dismissive. ;).

4 Likes

The only reason I am dismissive of a CZ is because I have had to take them 100% apart. Sort of like a Springfield XD… why Springfield… why!?
I am a big fan… BIG FAN of Beretta and Sig P22? Fill in the last number
While the beretta is mechanically a bit complicated especially in the safety / decocker I would grab one in a heartbeat.
I suppose this debate is very much like Chevy and Ford (not really but sort of)

4 Likes

I like XD’s. For me they point really well and I like the grip and trigger more than the glock. Now, having said this I’d rather have a PPQ or my Canik TP9 over all of the other polymer options after the PPQ. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I get that…
When I do a pistol maintenance advanced class…
People change their minds in a hurry about what they like and do not like.
Take the mag release out of a XD Mod 2… then put one back in. Then get back to me on how much you like them. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::bomb::boom:

2 Likes

Glock > CZ for me. I always end up coming back to them for some reason. Neither is “better” though, its a matter of preference. Its funny how Glock owners are catching shit about being fan boys in this thread when its the 1911 and CZ guys running their mouths . :rofl: :fu:

Oh , and not to quote @AgentVenom or anything but “1911s are antiques”

1 Like

Out shot my 2 nephews with the CZ75 over their Glocks last week
That’s all that matters to me.
In all fairness - I shoot 2x a week easily. They do not, maybe 4x a year for them
But they came with their red dots and gimmicks to even things out - Iron for me always on a pistol.
Glocks are great I shot theirs a few times and was impressed.
I’m just old school - I like steel because it can crack a skull - makes it a multi-tasker

3 Likes

Im with you on this. I dont do optics on handguns.

3 Likes

This is how I read your post at first! Was like, great we got a murderernow chiming in on the thread.

6 Likes

Damn kids and they’re lightweight reliable handguns with optics for more precise shot placement! Stay off my lawn (rubs garand softly muttering about new fangled scopes)

6 Likes

But I need to save the batteries for my blow up doll.

4 Likes

What’s his name?

4 Likes