CZFAN: An Introduction

I grew up in rural Indiana where shooting and hunting (mainly small game) were part of our day. I started out in the Army as an ammo bearer on an M60 team in the 82nd Airborne Division and eventually worked my way up to SGT/E-5 weapons squad leader before I ETS’d to attend college. I own a wide array of firearms, from a big flintlock/doglock horse pistol I bought from Middlesex Village to Pietta and Uberti cap-and-ball reproduction revolvers s to modern firearms. I don’t have a gun collection, exactly–it’s more of a shooter’s collection since the idea of owning a beautiful collectable piece behind glass is nice and all but at some point I’d be tempted to shoot the thing. I’m also into archery so if anyone wants to talk recurves and longbows and instinctive shooting, I’m there.

I’m a father and a grandfather–the grandfather part is new and weirds me out a little.

It was Twitter user “Tactical-Reviews.com” who advertised this forum to his followers, so here I am. Glad to be here. Nice to meet you.

13 Likes

Glad your here CZFAN! Welcome and thank you for your service!

Your handle leads me to think you have a CZ or 2 in your battery. What are you liking and shooting?

We have a early import (02) 75 and a P09 both in 40 and Cajunized. We would be happy with more, and are working on getting some Primary Machine or Custom shop slides and barrels in the meantime.

13 Likes

Love CZ myself since getting to own a TSO :+1:

Welcome!

13 Likes

My favorite pistol of those I own is a CZ75B, which (in my view) has the best out-of-the-box trigger ever devised by man. It just melds to my hand and–most importantly–has never malfunctioned in all the rounds I’ve fired through it. I’m huge on reliability and rate reliability as the most important category when talking about EDC. The first pistol I gave my son when he turned 18 was a commie milsurp CZ52. So yeah, there’s kind of a pattern here, hence the ‘CZFAN’ monniker.

13 Likes

I see the TSO all the time in the stock gun control footage they run on the news. Just saw it twice today on OAN lol. I like em.

I love the CZ75B

12 Likes

I am with you on the 75. :heart_eyes: I picked up mine and could barely put it down. It is still the most comfortable hand gun I have ever held.

12 Likes

The TSO is a dreamboat. The guy who runs the outdoor range near where I live is a competitive shooter and he graciously allowed me to shoot his competition piece, a very finely tuned TSO. He loaded light competition loads for it. Holy cow but that pistol was a marvel to shoot. I’ve never fired a pistol so accurately in my life. I felt like Wild Bill Hickok with that thing. I just couldn’t miss.

12 Likes

Never shot a TSO, sure would like to. Saw a photo from a competition where the shooter had 6 or 7 empties in the air in a rainbow with one. Crazy.

12 Likes

Hello CZFAN,
Nice taste in guns welcome to FULL30. If you have any questions just ask will be glad to help out👍

13 Likes

Welcome from KY. I grew up in central Indiana.

13 Likes

Welcome from California and thank you for your service. CZs are excellent pistols and their fans are usually good people. :wink:

13 Likes

:smiley: Welcome to the forum!

12 Likes

Welcome to Full30. Glad you found us.

13 Likes

Welcome @CZFAN. I wish someone made CZ 75 80% of like to build one.

11 Likes

@CZFAN welcome to full30.

11 Likes

Welcome from another CZ fan.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum grandpa. Thank you for your service.

10 Likes

Welcome from AZ @CZFAN !

8 Likes