Danny from Norfolk

Hello guys this is danny from norfolk virginia always had a fasination with guns and how they work hoping to learn alot

12 Likes

Welcome Danny from Norfolk

Sounds like a Viking name :smile:

6 Likes

That was a funny one

5 Likes

Welcome to the school of Real Education!!!

7 Likes

Welcome to the Forums! I am a few hours up the road from you in the Lynchburg area…

7 Likes

Oh nice it feels good to have a neigbor

5 Likes

Welcome @Bloom109
Great to have you here with us at Full 30!
What guns do you like most? (Pistol, rifle, etc) favorite caliber?

6 Likes

I have a fasination with pistols i went to school for electronics technology but always had a fasination for mechanics and how machines work. Human inginuity

6 Likes

Welcome from Ky

7 Likes

Now the question i would like to ask is im reading the mark II semi auto pistol build there is a series of them out there for hobby builds. But the one thing each manual leaves out is properly making the barrel as far as chambering section and the rifiled barrel section. Now i remember clinton westwoods video that he took down off of youtube went over this.but i did not get a cgance to download it. Can any body give me a idea of the sequence of these things i know that the bullet case can not enter the barrel section that is why the chambering section is bored out alittle bigger than the barreling section plus i know the barraling section has to be rifiled inorder to be accurate.but they say if the barrel is to tight the bullet can get stuck and the gun can explode but the barrel cant also be too loose. How much bigger than the bullet is the barrel in diameter before rifiling? And to make a barrel i know you have to drill from both sides of the cylinder one cavity for the chamber and one cavity for the barrel (the longer but slightly less narrow). And no need for specifics i just need a general idea to get the picture.like is the barrel a thousandth small in diameter than the chamber.please anybody answering in laymans terms even though i want to study machining to to design other useful gadgets im not familiar to the lingo so if you can clear things up and explain in as basic terms as possible thank you very much

4 Likes

Hi Danny! Welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

Welcome @Bloom109

6 Likes

Welcome from Iowa!

6 Likes

Welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum my fellow Virginian

5 Likes

Welcome. Glad you joined us here!

5 Likes

Welcome to the FULL30 and the Forum, a comfortable place to learn more about your “fasination” .

5 Likes

Welcome to Full30! You can definitely learn a lot hear. We’ve got some very knowledgeable folks here. Suggest you start another post with your question though. It’ll be more visible that way.

6 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard new guy

6 Likes