Dark Angel Medical Ankle Kit IFAK

Many don’t see these as shooting related but in reality everyone should have an IFAK with them when shooting or hunting. I don’t wear a belt and have my overall pockets full enough already so to EDC a medical kit ankle carry seemed like a good option. I have carried this Dark Angel Medical ankle kit every day since just before Christmas. At first it was a little irritating, no blisters just annoyingly there, now I don’t even notice it. It has never came off while I trudge through the woods, nothing lost or damaged. It comes equipped with 1 package of Hemostatic Gauze (QuikClot is what I got), 1 Pair of Nitrile Gloves,1 H&H Mini Compression Bandage, 1 Pair of Hyfin Vent Compact Chest Seals, and 1 Tourniquet (CAT Gen 7). I substituted a R.A.T.S. tourniquet for the C.A.T. Added a decompression needle and a pair of small trauma shears. In tennis shoes the Velcro has a large lap in it and in boots only about half of it is engaged but again, neither way has seen any issues with it coming loose. I have washed the case once due to getting it muddy, no loose threads or shrinkage. When warmer weather hits I will carry it rolled up in the cargo pocket of my shorts. Hope to never have the opportunity to review any of the products it contains, I will update in six months and a year on how things hold up.

12 Likes

Nice looking kit. I need to get a better kit to bring with me.

3 Likes

You can never have too much medical! That looks like a great little kit too. I’m not a huge fan of R.A.T.S. TQ, I prefer C.A.T. TQs, but if you can get a S.O.F.-T., I suggest it for the metal windlass. Also, kudos to carrying a Needle-D, that’s something that too few people know about.

4 Likes

@USMCMahon You’re absolutely right. Carry one and know how to use it!

My kit is small but mighty and includes the needle-d, npa, chest seal, med cards for reference under stress, gauze, scissors, gloves, and TQ.

8 Likes

Here’s a good one to have for EMS.
There’s others also.

Update— my dumb ass forgot the link:

2 Likes

I know I’m missing gauze and a sharpie, and maybe a needle-d. But what else do I need? I put some minor first aid and major first aid. This kit is supposed to go in the car.

5 Likes

That’s a real nice selection. :+1:
Maybe a couple emergency blankets. As you add stuff try separating it into kits. A kit for emergency trauma and one for band aides and comfort first aide stuff just for a start.

5 Likes

Been carrying this Dark Angel every day for over 6 months now. No issues, all packaging is intact, the pouch is defect free, the never causes any discomfort, hardly know I have it on anymore.

4 Likes

Then how do you know it works if youve never used it?

3 Likes