Dark Corner Gunworks and the Old Oak Tree

As some of you know, Dark Corner Gunworks is an FFL with a focus on sales, repairs, and customization and we create a little content on the internet. But, I’m not entirely sure what the future holds for the business.

What some of you don’t know is I’m a home-based small business. Handling repairs and builds and cerakote and the like from a small (and I mean SMALL) shop behind my house. A shop that no longer exists after Tuesday when a large oak tree crashed through it and into my house.

Fortunately (which is a word that’s hard to say about a tree falling on your home), it seems the shop slowed the tree enough to spare any major damage to my house. And, after a brief stay elsewhere and a whole lot of help from friends and member of my Masonic lodge, I’m happy to say I’m back home. And, despite the mess, everything with the house is, relatively, back to normal.

My business (and source of income) is, in all literal meaning, crushed, for the time being. The building is, obviously, a total loss. I have yet to have an opportunity to survey the extent of the damage to tools and equipment and what may have been washed away in the clean-up and rain. And, of course, there was no insurance coverage on the shop. Because, what could possibly happen, right?

Shutting down is not something I want to do, obviously. And we will get through this disaster, somehow. Although, I’m not sure how. The extent of 2020 has seemed to be a targeted strain on small business and the shortage of guns and ammo has certainly stressed sales and made creating informative content difficult. But, we will rebuild. I hope.

I do want to thank you guys for allowing me a place to vent this insane amount of stress. The opportunity to write this out has been more cathartic than anything else. And that means a lot. I’ll throw some pictures up. Granted, they aren’t the greatest pics. Obviously, pics were the last thing on my mind this week.

12 Likes

Keep the faith brother!

11 Likes

How much for a new one? Setup a patreon and lets get a fundraiser going.

13 Likes

Unfortunately, much like Square and some banks, I’m a firearms business. So crowd funding isn’t allowed. You know, because guns, i guess…

10 Likes

You just want to improve your content and your content creation workshop has been smushed by a tree.

9 Likes

Hell, I’ll give it a shot. Worst they can do is say no, right? Certainly can’t hurt.

11 Likes

That’s what i was thinking.

11 Likes

time to start making grips and stocks out of that ol’tree
Course you could always sell the tree for lumber if you didn’t get too hack happy.

9 Likes

You can crowd fund here
12 Likes

9 Likes

Very much thinking about a table or something. F*ck trees… Trees are dumb.

11 Likes

Thanks, guys. I’ll definitely give crowd funding a try. Seems like begging, but I don’t have much of a choice, really. Gonna have to swallow my pride to get up and running again. I’m not really good at the whole asking for help thing. Gonna have to learn, tho. We’ll see what happens. Who knows, maybe I’ll end up with a shop where I don’t bump into things, anymore. Lol. It was super cramped in there.

11 Likes

It’s difficult for people that work hard to accept help.

11 Likes

i still dont have a web site because of that bull shit. thanks operation choke point. really sorry dude. funny how our passion starts of slow, and winds up taking over the whole bedroom and moving to the garage! maybe do a t-shirt/sticker fund raiser. amazing the shit have done for a t shirt. keep the faith you will over come this.

11 Likes

Let me know when the crowd funding site is up and where to click. I don’t know your profit margin but sell future discounts of a percentage where you still make money for like a $100.00 donation? Just a thought? Might get enough to replace the shed or at least a down payment on a new one.

11 Likes

@DarkCornerGunworks if you accept credit cards maybe its time to sell “gift” certificates?

10 Likes

Really glad you weren’t inside your shop when that sucker came down!
Best wishes to you…I wish I could help out.

10 Likes

You could give @Belt-Fed a ride to his house for a free tree :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Of all the crazy things 2020 has brought, I never dreamed it would crash a tree into our shop and house. What I’m grateful for though - is the tremendous group of friends who came to the rescue and rallied around us, literally picking up the pieces! This was a huge hit (boom, pow, smash) to the company but also a great reminder of what’s important and the power of the human spirit. We will overcome this, as we have overcome so many other small business (and life) hurdles. I’m refusing to give up. And I’m hopeful that we can rebuild bigger, better, stronger, safer, and WITH INSURANCE! :wink:

I will definitely investigate the crowd funding options and see what fits. Pride cometh before the fall…so F*** pride. No more falling trees. Lol. We need help and that’s life.

Thank you for the support and love. We appreciate every kind word and and guidance as we navigate rebuilding Dark Corner Gunworks. This ain’t the end, my friends!

12 Likes

Sorry to hear the horrible news @TacticoolSasquatch1776 & @DarkCornerGunworks

Glad y’all are safe ! Structures are rebuildable, good people are not!!

When I 1st read the title of this thread, “Dark Corner Gunworks & the old oak tree”, I assumed it was gonna be one of Bryan’s messed up stories about how he lost his virginity as a young lad to an oak tree…Try not to visualize that🙈

11 Likes