Democracy ! Geesh give me a break !!

Okay before anyone looses it.
We dont live in a democracy! Its a Constitutional Republic.
I am so sick of seeing movies and articles all written talking about democracy. When and where can someone tell me when did all this talk of democracy start ? We have lived in a Constitutional Republic since 1776 and it actually wasnt fully ratified until later but up until 1776 it was a ragtag group of colonist bent on getting away from government overreach and oppression.
Democracy does NOT equal freedom.
For that matter our Constitutional Republic doesnt have complete freedom either . Democracy is one small rung above a dictatorship . Becuse there is nothing between their oppression and the people.
The Constitution affords us at least some stoppage against total tyranny.
I have made it a point for several years to correct anyone I hear use the phrase " we live in a Democracy "
What say you all ?

9 Likes

lol, I find if you can wrap your head around “democratic republic” , like two horns, it helps keep the blood pressure down :grin:

10. In Scripture, horn is a symbol of strength or power.

6 Likes

Problem is I cant do that… This is a real pet peeve of mine @Robert

6 Likes

Well, I tried, from there I suggest not watching any TV and stay away from drunk people/bars where you may hear the term and spasm or involuntarily yell profanities, I do both myself :wink:

6 Likes

Ponder these words of wisdom…

“Remember Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes exhausts and murders itself. There never was a Democracy yet, that did not commit suicide,” John Adams

7 Likes

“We are now forming a republican government. Real liberty is neither found in despotism or the extremes of democracy, but in moderate governments.” Alexander Hamilton.

7 Likes

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine” Thomas Jefferson.

7 Likes

That used to be taught too

https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvdem.htm

https://historum.com/t/why-was-army-training-manual-no-2000-25-withdrawn-by-fdr.48025/

6 Likes

The Quote: "DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH’ is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, however nothing can be found for this one until the 1980s.

7 Likes

@Robert yeah they don’t bother teaching history or civics anymore, but have resorted to straight up lies and commie indoctrination.

6 Likes

Barring the words of the Good Lord Jesus above no greater words were ever spoken in this land .

6 Likes

That is the definition of Commie Indoctrination = Lies

6 Likes

Another truth for sure.

6 Likes

The problem is those that believe us to be a democracy are ruining everthing. Those that know we are a Constitutional Republic are having to bear the consequences. I am telling you we are closer to 1861 than we have ever been since that time .

9 Likes

Once the shitbag rats and their unwashed deadbeat filth realized they could buy votes and live large on YOUR tax money in the USA…
The country was doomed.
51% of illegal invaders are on EBT/welfare.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/majority-of-non-citizen-households-illegals-green-card-holders-on-taxpayer-funded-welfare-study/ar-AA1m3Nhj

Odd msn would post truth when they’re lying rat bastard biden salad tossers.

6 Likes

Democracy is tyranny of the majority, which eventually leads to authoritarianism. Democratic republics give a larger voice and some protections to the minority. The system in our country is under attack with “Our democracy is under attack!” as a rallying cry to scare the sheep into supporting tyranny of the majority without them even understanding what they are supporting. Part of this is due to our corrupt education system and another part is the battle for our language. For example, one of MY pet peeves is “Social Security is NOT an entitlement! I earned it!” If you paid for it all of your working life, are you not entitled to it? The welfare system, on the other hand, is NOT an entitlement, but forced charity by the taxpayers. Other examples are definitions of recession, man/woman, gender, microaggressions, fascism, etc.

6 Likes

Cancel Culture is the perfect example of a democracy

7 Likes

War on everyone…

7 Likes

I’d say we all earned our place on the list with our reply’s to this thread

7 Likes

If you ain’t already on a list, you ain’t livin’! :laughing:

7 Likes