Dodging License plate readers?

7 Likes

After listening to the scanner in my area there’s apparently license plate readers freaking everywhere! Has anyone used anything to help deter these things or something similar?

4 Likes

Yep, and cameras way up here also, as to the article, if every car passed gets a green or red light on the officers dash then what happens when said officer see’s no light?

3 Likes

Good question. I’m more concerned with the stationary devices at the moment. I knew large cities had them plentiful, I was surprised to see the amount of them in suburban/more rural areas.

4 Likes

you get pulled…and probably a big fat ticket…

3 Likes

https://www.phantomtagprotector.com/products/two-anti-photo-radar-license-plate-covers?variant=3433416068&currency=USD

3 Likes

They even make a spray paint type spray that’s suppose to work but I don’t know anyone who has actually tried it

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Don’t work.

Electrical tape does here though.:wink:

5 Likes

Install an IR bulb into one of the license plate lights, or even add a socket for it. If we know the Freq range then a bulb in that range would effectively white out any picture or image they would otherwise be able to see. Kind of like using a flash in bright sunlight. Where ever the flash hits the image is unreadable. Most IR systems would have limited gain control on the signal strength so this is a viable option. JMHO

4 Likes

and for daylight?

3 Likes

Get your new plates at Home Depot
:wink:

4 Likes

The wavelength doesn’t change day or night. But the cameras probably only do IR at night. If however these are hidden in the plate then it would make sense that the cameras are picking up the IR image day or night and the “noise” generated by the IR bulb would have the same effect.
Just sayin’

3 Likes