Does Colt really hate citizens?

Q: Does Colt really hate citizens?

The short answer is maybe!?! The private company employs 811 people, each with individual opinions political, religious, monetary, etc. The main company resides inside the continental United States of America. That being said they should have a capitalist view of business including government contracts including on September 19 2019 they received a 42 Million dollar contract to 13 separate U.S. allied countries, Colt will supply them with the Colt M4A1 carbines into end of 2024.

Early Colt M4LE.

Colt announced the stop of sales to the civilian market around the same time of signing the 42 Million dollar contract. That certainly ran waves of discontent through the pro 2A media fast. The company decided to start selling to civilians again in July of 2021.

Now I don’t pretend to know what the owners of Colt think (now being owned by CZ purchasing both Colt MFG CO. and Colt Canada on May 24 2021), but I can only assume the move was very bad in the view of the freedom loving public.

Now for the judgement (trigger warning this is my opinion).

Here is the bolt carrier on this Colt M4LE.

Note that the bottom of the bolt carrier is completely missing! Generally speaking if a company is “terrified” of letting freedom ring with out “Big daddy gov” nod of approval they will have a commercial bolt carrier installed-
Top = Colt
Middle = Commercial
Bottom = Normal AR carrier.

In the Colt lower there is an added bonus of a un-machined area between the rear takedown pin and the fire control group.

Now with reading the Scriptures viewing
Matthew 5:37 states “but let your yes be yes and your no be no. And what goes beyond these is from the wicked one.”.
Further reading reveals Matthew 7:16 states “By their fruits you shall know them. Are grapes gathered from thorn bushes or figs from thistles?
With this guidance it’s not looking so hot for Colt being a proponent of the 2A community.

Yeah… it’s not looking good from a biblical angle for Colt at all. Keeping in mind that the company Trijicon even removed the Bible verses from their ACOG castings too.
John 8:12

Matthew 5:16

So does Colt hate us? They are a business that employs Americans and Canadians alike. Is it possible the only way they get government contracts is by neutering civilian rifles?

This clearly states “law enforcement”

And this side clearly states that this item is not only restricted for use and only to be used by military, government, or law enforcement; and includes export use only.

Are these roll marks via contractual obligation’s?, or just Fruit from the tree of knowledge?

Well I’ll shed some light on my outlook. If you like them and they effectively complete the specific job you intended for them then buy them and be marry. On the other hand if you vote with your dollars and see fit for change, of course keeping in mind slow and steady wins the race. Then I would recommend a more “We the People” company’s rifle instead.

In the end it shouldn’t matter to anyone what you get as long as you become proficient with the tool through training not till you get it right, but till you can’t get it wrong.

May peace, patients and knowledge always be with you.

12 Likes

I never heard of this, pretty cool, no longer have one to check, bummer too

Good thread :+1:

10 Likes

I got a bunch of Colts, don’t think they hated us when i got mine.

12 Likes

Good info on the colt lower and bolt carrier. First I have heard of it not that I follow them.

I could see the price of prior years jumping up when/if the colt cult catches on for that lower.

9 Likes

I agree. Colt doesn’t even do roll marks anymore, they’ve instead switched to laser engraving.

-had to edit, laser turned into later. I fat thumbed that one.

8 Likes

Even though I don’t believe the NT, I think it’s sad that Colt removed the verses. I trust the word of person who believes in and fears a Higher Authority over one who does not.

8 Likes

I can not say if Colt hates us but they do love our money . They have brought back guns that are not for any military sales . Like the new snake guns (revolvers) . They are not the old guns but they are well made . They also have provided them for the Friends of NRA fund raising efforts . And the guns have sold at a high rate.

10 Likes

How about they lightened the BCG just like a lot of folks have done.

Here is Sharp’s Rifle Co lightened BCG

There are stripped down BCGs all over the web.
So did Colt go cheap, or balanced and skeletonized them.

10 Likes

Colt is based in West hartford CT. Commieneticut is second only to Commiefornica in its communist stand on MANY things.
We can all figure it out from there.

10 Likes

Thank you Robert, I aim to get some input on what some other view points on this are, maybe learn a few view points I haven’t considered.

8 Likes

You lucky Buck. I always liked the MKIII trooper.

Well that’s good, what about now?

10 Likes

It is easier to cohabitate with people who follow the creator, and not a creation.

12 Likes

I believe you just hit the nail on the head.

9 Likes

That would be a nice thought. The area they removed on the bolt carrier is the same area the auto sear engages to let the hammer unlock again when “auto” or “burst” is selected.

Now I’m going to rant a bit so let me grab my soap box. The skeletonized bolt carrier group (BCG) idea drives me nuts. A well balanced gas system with the correct (stock, or original design) BCG will run for lack a a better word perfect. Buy using a lightened BCG you now will run into bolt carrier bounce if you run a standard, or lighter barrel. This can result in light primer strikes and resetting the hammer.
Premature parts wear ca result as well. People will fix this with installing a heavier buffer weight then Bingo! You just added the weight back into the system that the lightened BCG took out.
If people really want to have a more efficient system a simple adjustable gas block would do the trick and improve part longevity.

Sorry about that, I know I come off like a pirate with a steering wheel for a belt buckle, but that just drives me nuts.

10 Likes

I really wish we could undo the damage and remove certain state laws from those states. Get them back on track.

11 Likes

I’m a Colt product fan, but that is based on their older products and brand history. I am no longer a fan of the company because, like you said, they seem to be anti-private citizen consumer. I was unaware that they were owned by CZ but was aware of a couple of bankruptcies I seem to recall, so being owned by CZ doesn’t surprise me. I hate that I don’t have the same romanticized opinion about the company that I once had based on their past, but it is what it is and life goes on.

The changes to their BCG and lower receivers are nothing more than policing the public, which is not their job. That makes me resent them and I imagine others do as well.

10 Likes

All Colt, M-16 A1 carbines and rifles, AR15SP1, AR15A2, 6940, colt ar22, colt government 45’s

12 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with you on this, and yes it is unfortunate how they have conducted themselves.

11 Likes

Very nice collection!

11 Likes

Very Nice!

9 Likes