Does Colt really hate citizens?

The left coast states perfected the cheat, now it is The lefts SOP.

4 Likes

As you said itā€™s corrupt. Corruption is just another cost. The ā€˜Vigā€™ is priced in.

ā€œAmerica isnā€™t a country, itā€™s a business. Now fuckinā€™ pay me.ā€- Jackie Cogan (Brad Pitt in ā€˜Killing Them Softlyā€™)

In business you need to weigh everything. Likely winners and losers, then cover bases. As an international business which side would you say is likely to win? Red or Blue? Now game it out. If Blue wins you have a seat at the table. If Red wins you still have a seat at the table. Least ways thatā€™s how I think they gamed it out.

7 Likes

The idea of the US being a corporate entity is not new to me, but that quote isā€¦

America is the first name of the man credited for finding it, the etymology is

The manā€™s name Amerigo is Germanic, said to derive from Gothic Amalrich, literally ā€œwork-ruler.ā€

Ironic if you entertain the United States of Work Rulerā€¦ fits a business well

But why a first name rather than surname?

Which I did not find much about, thoughā€¦

https://forebears.io/surnames/vespucci

??? What that mean?

5 Likes

The ā€˜Vigā€™ = The ā€˜Juiceā€™. Short for Vigorish.

The middleman, bookie, or loan sharkā€™s cut for funding, or ā€˜juicingā€™ a deal to make it happen.

6 Likes

I have only owned one Colt and that is my 9mm Gold Cup 1911. Itā€™s probably the only one I will ever own because all the Colts Iā€™m interested in are too pricey for me to safely look at without the wife honing in on my computer activity. I will say I absolutely love the gun itself even if my thoughts about the company are sort of ā€œindifferent.ā€

I can understand them cutting off a particular rifle from civilian use if they are filling a government contract. Money talks, BS walks and government contracts are where the big bucks are made for a gun company. Fill that first and fast THEN release it to the civilian population.

As for the Bible verses, it doesnā€™t phase me one way or the other. Iā€™m a devout agnostic so I really donā€™t care what peopleā€™s religious views are.

Their location is where theyā€™ve always been (aside form an early stint in New Jersey). They didnā€™t change. The state did. Itā€™s easy to say move operations out of state but you have to consider the number of people that are now out of a job because the company relocated. Not to mention the cost factor to the company. If it were my company, Iā€™d be lobbying a little harder with my state reps, senators and governors. Still costs money but cheaper than moving my whole facility.

Now being owed by CZā€¦ That I feel a little weird about. Iā€™ve never been a fan of CZ. They just donā€™t ā€œfeel rightā€ to me. Iā€™m not in love with their aesthetics either. Plus, you have a traditionally American company being bought out by a foreign entity. Not loving that.

Just my random thoughts as I recover from turkey hangover.

6 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Misnomer (better title pending?)

Est 1933 DBA USA
Your SS card is your trade license. Numbers on top, name in caps.

6 Likes