Dominos pizza is dead to me.

A couple of days ago we decided to order pizza because we haven’t had it in a while and didn’t feel like going out.

I go online, sign in, select my pizza, go through toppings and place an order…

Pizza comes…

The only toppings I see are Cheese and maybe bacon.

I get on the phone with Dominos. Tell them I got a wrong pizza and while I am on the phone with the guy we go over the toppings I wanted - double cheese, bacon, Italian sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, onions. He apologizes and tells me they will make me my pizza and bring it soon.

Important note here: I ordered a “Deluxe” that comes with basically all the toppings I want. The only addition was Double on the cheese. So we are not talking a custom pizza here.

I get Pizza #2

I see cheese and maybe bacon.

I get on the phone with Dominos. I tell the guy the 2nd pizza is identical to the 1st. He says he can’t understand how this keeps happening. He asks if they can make me a 3rd pizza the right way. I say “unfortunately I am not sure that you can” and ask for a refund.

This has never happened to me before. I have never considered pizza making to be an especially challenging job, but what do I know?

Being a QA guy myself i immediately began wondering how this could have happened. I am at a loss.

9 Likes

I’ve always been more of a papa John’s guy

6 Likes

None of them get it right 100% of the time, employee turn over is pretty damn high I bet

7 Likes

And they all think that they need $15 an hour.

7 Likes

Dope’s not cheap bro

6 Likes

Have never tried a Dominos.

We have a local pizzeria that THE ADMIRAL and I have been going to since some of our first dates in the late 70’s. Still owned by the same husband and wife that came over from Italy.

Thinner crust, lots of garlic and oregano in the sauce. Yum.

I’m even one of the 0.2% that like anchovy pizza!

9 Likes

We have a mom and pop called cornorstone that is our go to . But if we want pizza we usually just do home made.

5 Likes

Same here. Our local location closed a while ago and I have not realized that another popped up a little farther that will still deliver to our addy.

3 Likes

Did you get your refund?

4 Likes

fixed

5 Likes

He got the bacon, but nothing else.

4 Likes

I used to work at Domino’s in the mid-80’s along the Mississippi Gulf Coast, mostly in pizza delivery. I also helped make the pizzas and had to close most nights. That was back when we had to deliver them within 30 minutes or less or it was $3 off. Before then, I think it was free if it wasn’t delivered in 30 minutes.

Anyway, not sure what happened to your order. I don’t remember anything like that ever happening when I worked there. The biggest problem we had was finding an address, especially when it was dark at night and raining with no street lights. There was no GPS back then, either. All we had was a big, detailed map on the wall that we used to memorize our routes to however many orders we had to make once we left the establishment. There were no computers, either. We’d write the order down and then hand it off to the pizza chefs.

Not sure how they do things now, but it sounds like their online technology has some kind of glitch with that specific pizza order of yours.

7 Likes

Stumpkiller, It’s not a real pizza without anchovies.

5 Likes

Back when I worked there in the mid-80’s, we got paid minimum ($3.35/hr back then) plus tips and $0.50 per delivery. Gas, brake pads, carb repair and oil changes would eat up a lot of that with a hand-me-down ‘76 Buick Skylark, though. We’d work at least 12 hour shifts with no break, so fortunately overtime was easy to get. And when I say no breaks, I mean we weren’t even allowed 15 minutes to eat. That was almost 40 years ago, though. Not sure what it’s like nowadays.

Depending on the neighborhood it can be a dangerous job. Luckily, I never got robbed, mugged or carjacked when I was out delivering at night. In fact, none of the crew I worked with had that happen to them when I worked there, but we always heard of others getting robbed or carjacked at other Domino’s. I think it’s gotten worse over the years.

I wouldn’t say the job is worth $15/hr, though, but I can see how it would be hard to find employees, especially drivers, to work there now. It just seems more dangerous nowadays, and it really puts a lot of wear and tear on your car.

6 Likes

Ima have to disagree with ya there, don’t want no fish on a pizza. they belong in the deep fryer.

7 Likes

^ This is how you do it. Local can be light years better.

If you have to use a chain Little Caesar’s is still good around here.

6 Likes

Yup, they reversed the charge to my card.

3 Likes

In this area they won’t deliver out of the city limits and they don’t hire very reliable people. Even if someone else bought it I would not eat it . But I’m picky about who touches my food. The convenience stores in this area make better pizza than the big name places.

7 Likes

No surprise, Domino’s isn’t exactly employing the lay offs from NASA…

6 Likes

My kids are obsessed with this stuff. No matter what kind of pizzaria weve went to they wsnt Little Cesars. To me it tastes like the pizza you got in the middle school cafeteria which is ok at certain times.

6 Likes