Dominos pizza is dead to me.

Pizza hut makes the WORST pizza around here.

6 Likes

Have to assume this is some sort of automation snafu where they input deluxe into the order system and it spits out a ticket for the person actually making the pie that says just cheese and bacon. I’ll even bet the guy you spoke with on the phone wasn’t even at the physical location providing the service. I mean, why else would he not know how this was happening? Damn computers. I blame Sonny!

As an aside, we banned Domino’s about 15 years ago and have never looked back. They literally called my wife a liar over the phone when they failed to deliver a pizza after multiple calls and reassurances it was on its way after two plus hours. They eventually said the driver tried to deliver it… twice(!) and no one was home -despite our front door to the living room with us sitting there having been open the whole time. Umm… who’s lying to whom here!!! :roll_eyes: Bottom line is they messed up somehow and refused to make it right -taking the tact to accuse her of lying instead. I know they didn’t have the wrong address because they repeated it back to her and even said the driver returned the pizza to the store as undeliverable. Absolutely ridiculous! And we’re not the banning type either, meaning Domino’s is the one and only company on our list.

7 Likes

I agree. I delivered when I was in HS for a local mom and pop when I first got my driver’s license -outstanding driving experience developed from this. Despite it being a small shop the owner (just pop, no mom) was a complete and utter guido douchebag. He claimed to have ties to the mob in NYC and always tried to screw over all the employees. He’d short pay and “adjust” timesheets to shave our hours.

I made less than minimum, like $2.25/hr, if memory serves me correctly. The difference was made up in tips. There were no allowances for mileage or anything like that either. So if it was a slow night you didn’t clear much -not to mention the few regulars who never tipped you ever.

But wow, I learned so much on that job! It was a rough area, but I never once had any fear or negative experiences. Boy do I sure have some stories though (maybe save those for a separate thread)!!! Good times. I wouldn’t trade those memories for the world. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

How strange! You had the same reaction as my coworkers when I made the same statement to them.

But if you deep fry an anchovy it just dissolves and flavors the oil. I bet that would make for delicious fries though!

6 Likes

I have a similar recent story about little Caesar’s. I put in a good size order, I have 5 firemen to feed that day. Go over to pick it up and they have precisely nothing ready, in spite of the message I got telling me to come get my order. The pizzas the boys wanted were stuffed crust and bacon wrapped crust. The lady behind the counter says they didn’t make my pizzas because they don’t know how. “You don’t know how to make a pizza?” I politely ask the girl who currently works at a pizza place. She says that no one has shown them how to make those types of pizzas. No idea how it’s made, but I bet I could figure it out.

So my problem is 5 hungry fireman that better get fed before they eat the probie. So $50 worth of hot-n-ready pizza in lieu of a refund it is. We had pizza for supper, pizza for a post-fire snack, pizza for breakfast the next morning and pizza left over for the booger eating c-shifters to enjoy.

My little ceasar’s is dead to me, but my dominos actually has their shit together, unlike those window licking retards in Washington.

8 Likes

Fortunately we don’t have to rely on commercial (ordinary) pizza.
In our area we have a choice of some really good pizza.
See if you can find a specialty pizza store near you, so you can enjoy what a pizza is supposed to be.
Ours is Solarzano’s.
The regular pizza joints can’t come even close to theirs.
It costs a little more, but it’s well worth it.
We drive right by our local Domino’s pizza without a glance.
Just a thought.

6 Likes

My all time favorite pizza is the kind you get in Italy. I went there on vacation 10 years ago. Everyone said I’d get tired of eating pizza and pasta every day, but it was the opposite for me. I got addicted to their pizza and had to order one every day I was there!

It’s different from American pizza. Theirs has less cheese, and their flour tastes different, better in my opinion. It’s also less greasy in my opinion.

There was one place in Dallas that used to import their dough and basil to make it, and it was the closest thing to real Italian style pizza. I used to go there all the time, but sadly they closed down. I guess not too many customers appreciated that style of pizza like I did. I haven’t found any other place around here that makes it like that.

Any of y’all try real Italian pizza and like it?

5 Likes

I worked for papa John’s and godfathers both, and liked their pizza, did delivery driving for both close to 20 years ago. No GPS, some computers but like not much gui. Map on the wall yep. I pick totinos if getting it from Walmart but wife is from NY so she likes the Italian fancy type heh. Tips were ok, it beat serving for my tastes, I can’t be a waiter

5 Likes

I like Little Cesara but theres this

5 Likes

We have several good pizza place around here, the fast food pizza chains ain’t one of them.

5 Likes

:face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Jeez Come to guido central here and get ya some real Pizza
I know some of ya only have the chains with the white bread and ketchup
Come. I’ll buy for Patriots.
Buono fortuna cent’anni

7 Likes

Fed ex it :rofl:

5 Likes

LOL It would look like Dominos then .

7 Likes

Little Caesars is ok, but yeah no droppings for me pls - Wife likes that as a quick thing more than Totinos - yes the people that make the pizza rolls :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Mouse droping could be sold easily on their supreme pizza. You wouldnt be able to see them.

6 Likes

FIFY

:rofl:

6 Likes

Gotta agree with this. I did a short stint with a company that was headquarted in Ringwood, NJ just outside NYC. The time I spent at the home office was chock full of some of the best pizza and bagels I’ve ever had!

Only thing that ever came close to that was a time I took the family to Chicago for my middle son’s birthday. We stumbled upon a mom and pop pizza place for lunch. The door was open so we walked in and sat down. It took a long time for a guy to come out and inform us they were actually closed and didn’t open for several hours. Explaining we were from out of town and didn’t know the guy insists we eat there. He goes in the back and fires things up only to serve us the best GD pizza we’d all ever had!!! Turns out the guy was the owner and really treated us like family that afternoon. What an awesome experience to have the whole place to ourselves with the owner personally cooking for us. I can’t remember the name, but could probably find it on a map if I had to. Always wanted to go back there someday -if even only for the pizza- but Chicago is no place to be these days. :frowning:

7 Likes

Don’t get mad, get even. Take pictures like you did and put up a google review on the maps program. Many use maps to read reviews. Mine has 5700 hits. Meaning those assholes at the Dominos franchise.

6 Likes

7 Likes