Don't tread on me!

Welcome!

Bible tells us it was not just Moses who heard from G.d, but also the 600,000 men of military age, plus women and children, about 3 million total, simultaneously.

Deut. Ch. 5:4 Face to face did the L.rd speak with you on the mountain, from amid the fire. 21 You said, "Behold! The L.rd our G.d has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire; this day we saw that the L.rd will speak to a person and he can live. 22 But now, why should we die when this great fire consumes us? If we continue to hear the voice the L.rd our G.d any longer, we will die!

This is how Israel accepted Moses as our teacher, and believed him forever. This is how we know it was not a lie or conspiracy. We heard G.d speak directly ourselves, without anyone as a relay.

7 Likes

I am very appreciative to my Jewish brethren that they did not hear the voice of his son when he spoke,

That’s not said to challenge or belittle but with gratitude

6 Likes

I’m thankful for all the World’s religions. They keep the peace enough I’m content to overlook the discord and violence they sow. Without religion, the World would be much less civil -a hostile existence should man be left to his own desires alone. Religion exerts control over it’s followers -predictive, positive control. Makes navigating this God forsaken place so much easier.

6 Likes

I believe that a system of belief that teaches that there is an Eye that sees and an Ear that hears, and that teaches the sanctity of lives, family, and personal property is a thing to be valued.

I’m not interested in making other people into Jews. Instead, I am interested in making society more harmonious, by teaching the Seven Laws commanded to all the descendants of Noah, which Moses charged us to teach:

1. To not worship false gods.

2. To not curse G.d.
    These are the bedrock of authority. No human can contravene the seven laws; they are essential to the Divine plan for the universe.

3. To not murder. However, killing is permitted where necessary to prevent murder or rape.

4. To not have illicit sexual relations. For a man, that means incest, or relations with another man’s wife, with another male, or with an animal.

5. To not commit robbery.

6. To not eat meat separated from an animal still alive. (Lobsters are ok, as long as they aren’t still moving when you eat them. Just no live mice and stuff.)

7. To establish courts that maintain justice.

8 Likes

Welcome @Josh-NWIND

7 Likes