Double Barreled AR - Silly or Useful?

Hello all,

So I just saw this on youtube: https://youtu.be/prpW2PYsYVY

My first thought is :rofl: that’s ridiculous. But I can kinda seem some merit in this idea. But then, I don’t own an AR-15 yet. As a result, this is just one of those things that looks neat to me. But, as a layman, I could just be seeing something that looks neat, but is actually nonsense.

So I wanted to get some opinions from folks who do actually own AR-15’s. And see if this is just as rediculous as it seems, or if they seem some uses for this.

1 Like

Its a novelty but its cool. I would get a regular AR first, tbh.

3 Likes

Any weapon is useful, provided it works as advertised and the user is competent with it.

3 Likes

Well while that looks fun both barrels fire at once. Should be like a Pom Pom gun.
IMG_8331

2 Likes

I dont think I could afford those.

1 Like

Yeah probably. Can’t find any in the mil surp stores anyway.

1 Like

At first I was like oh that sounds cool, then I saw it. Boring. It is just two ARs grafted together. Double the weight and add a splash of unwieldiness and you have that thing. I’m all for oddball stuff, but this was a bit disappointing. If it had been one trigger and a single unit my opinion would be different.

At least the double barrel 1911 has slightly more practicality. :wink:

2 Likes

As long as it runs reliably and is accurate I wouldn’t mind it for my collection!
3 Likes

Good topic Matt. I feel that the weight would off set it’s mobility. Now on the counter argument in a defense situation all you want is to put multiple rounds on target.
I most likely would pass on this even as cool as it is.

I agree with all of the above, looks like fun but I’ll pass on owning one.

Ridiculous.
Like 22 inch wheeels on hommies hooptie.

2 Likes

Is that your rig? Gotta say, I am a little surprised.

The 350 drives over those

1 Like

Lol