Drama at the Match Today

All in all it was a decent day at the match. Came in 25th out of 50. I had 3 procedurals, 2 in on stage that i practically zeroed. If not for that stage i would have placed much higher. So now to the drama. Stage 1 I’m the first shooter. I shoot the stage well and when it comes to scoring I had a piece of steel not fall. I clearly hit the target in the calibration zone but low and to the left. The RO says Mike I said okay I want a calibration check. He doesn’t want to do it and I say well we have to I called for it. I was thinking if i called for calibration he would just give me the point. He’s a d!ck and said i could fire one round at it and if it doesn’t fall he’ll give me the point. I shot it it fell just barely with a major .40cal dead center. Yea calibration is off but i let it go and take the Mike. Next shooter shoots the stage and is about to unload and clear and he tells her she didn’t shoot at a target and points to it. She shoot the target. I ask to speak to him after the scoring was done and said okay but walks away from me. So i catch up and tell him if he is going to give me a mike for that steel I don’t want to see him coaching competitors during a shoot. He doesn’t take this well. He runs the next shooter and then says we need to talk. I agree and he begins to inform me that he is allowed to coach because its a Level 1 match. I tell him as Range Officer he is not allowed to coach. He doesn’t agree I said I don’t care it the rules and he wants to Score me strict and then break the rules for his girlfriend or wife that ain’t okay. I told him he needed to score everyone to his high standard he set for me. He doesn’t like me correcting him at all. He then calls me further away from other competitors to not discuss but to tell me why I am wrong. I again say I don’t care if he wants to be a stickler for the rules on me he needs to do the same for girl. We go back and forth for a minute and next thing I know his girl walks up gets in my face and jams her fingers pointedly like a karate chop and forcefully into my sternum. I can tell she is trying for the pressure point(typhoid process) and she is trying to force me back. I don’t budge she missed. Yelling in my face to back up. I look at her hand then up at her and I’m not proud of this but I said “GET YOUR FUING HAND OFF ME! WHO THE FK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!” She realizes she messed up and missed the pressure point and now I’m no longer agitated but blazing mad and she backs off. I start hollering get the Range Master NOW. So dickhead RO realizes now he needs to diffuse the situation fast. He said yeah we need to go talk to the Range Master. We come across the Chief Range Officer first and he begins to explain what occurred starting with the Mike he gave me on the steel and the CRO said yeah he should have gave me the points. I then interject and say that ain’t the problem. I then explain the coaching that started the disagreement. CRO says yeah he can’t point out targets that a shooter misses during the coarse of fire. I said that still ain’t the problem and I explain what that female dog did to me. RO is panicking now cause he made 2 bad rulings according to the CRO and the CRO doesn’t know what to do about the assault. CRO gets Range Master and we go through it all. RO tells his story painting me as a belligerent orge but he is used to dealing with types like me cause he is a cop.(Now I put the dots together the female dog is a cop also and her little knife hand maneuver she attempted on me was a small cop trick to subdue a large suspect) I explain to the Range Master that I have had tinnitus my entire life so I talk very loud cause of the ringing in my head and it gets worse when i get amped up.(Tinnitus is a nervous system thing hence nervous system amping up the tinnitus gets louder I talk louder to hear myself.) I talk loud not aggressive, but that’s beside the point i didn’t lay hands on anyone. Now the whole group stands there saying well what are we supposed to do. I said I want her DQed and gone. RO and Female dog came together and they don’t want him to leave cause they would be down an RO. Female dog and RO are also part of the match setup crew. RangeMaster doesn’t want to DQ her cuz he is afraid she won’t take it well (and maybe not help setup matches) I could care less she assaulted me I want her gone. They say their is nothing in the rule book to DQ her on. I reply "really, I don’t think it matters if the rules don’t require a DQ for assault because it’s illegal according to state law. She broke the Law that should be sufficient to DQ her. They still don’t want to do it. She is inner circle so they want it covered up rather than handled. I said look either DQ her or I’m calling the Sheriff and pressing charges their choice. They think I’m bluffing and call my bluff. I wasn’t bluffing i walk away and get my phone I had be arguing for a DQ for 10 minutes by now I was done. They start to panic once they realize it wasn’t a bluff. All of a sudden they want to listen to me and say well we can DQ her for unsportsmanlike conduct but she is going to be real pissed. I’m beyond pissed with there shady coverup bullst so i could care less about how she feels cause at that point my happy thoughts were of her being handcuffed and taken away. (There panic clues me into the fact we ain’t in there jurisdiction so once she is charged it would take a crooked DA to dismiss the charges. This could be a media, frenzy, off duty cop assaults man at shooting range would be a headline the media muckrackers would love to publish in the current political climate in the US.) But I’m a man of my word so I put the phone away and return to the squad. Female dog ain’t happy they start talking about the squad move and I say that ain’t the deal. They take her off to the side and talk she comes over all kissy face and apologetic and offers her hand. I said I don’t want a apology I want to know why she thought she could assault me and get away with it? She starts getting nervous “I’m sorry what can I do to make it up to you” all sweetly. I ain’t buying the bullit. I say I want you gone but all I asked for was a DQ so she just needed to go to whatever squad dkhead RO got assigned to. So old guy got switched into the squad when RO got moved and walked right up to me and said “I don’t like you and I don’t want to shoot with you.” I said okay. By the time we got three stages down and old man saw me helping out talking about the rules with less experienced shooters offering advice to try in practice like grip, keeping the gun at eye level while moving, keeping knees slightly bent while moving and shooting just general stuff to help with their match shooting and scores. Old man comes over and starts to talk to me like nothing happen and he didn’t tell me I was scum. I’m not a bad guy. I just have little patience for abuse of authority I saw bullst I called bulls**t. Things got ugly. Many times during the back and forth dckhead RO wanted to point out he was a certified RO so he knew the rules. (Typical egotistical behavior, never admit your wrong or could be wrong) He rode his bad calls like a sinking ship. In the end check USPSA rule 8.6.2
8.6.2Any person providing interference or unauthorized assistance to a competitor during a course of fire (and the competitor receiving such assistance) may, at the discretion of a Range Officer, incur a procedural penalty for that stage and/or be subject to Section 10.6. 8.6.2.1 When approved by the Range Officer, competitors at Level I matches may, without penalty, receive whatever coaching or assistance they request. Range Officials may safety coach competitors as needed, unless a safety violation occurs. There is a rule 8.6.2.1 that allows coaching at a level one match like we were shooting but it is commonly understood to only pertain to assisting new shooters not make a safety violation. I will be contacting USPSA and informing them of the incident and requesting a clarification of the coaching rule 8.6.2.1. If yall read this whole thing you win a metaphorical pat on the back I needed to vent. I hate cronyism and this kind of elitism is why this country is starting to crack.

19 Likes

Holy cow, it take you all day to type that? the girl musta been drunk to get in …wait a minute. she couldn’t get in yer face unless she was 6 foot 7. she mighta been lookin at yer lower chest and had to reach up to poke you in the sternum.

Either way she wasn’t too bright.

15 Likes

Cops like her and her husband/boyfriend whatever they are to each other a bad reputation. Acting like the rules don’t apply to them cuz they are the rule enforcers. And she defiantly wasn’t to bright i could have broke both of them without breaking a sweat. As for the length yeah i needed to vent it was therapeutic.

16 Likes

Shoot we already knew that, he’d have to be the incredible hulk to be bigger than yer big sasquatch butt.

They sound like democrats.

15 Likes

I suspect they are. I literally said at one point to all of them "By not DQing her the message is their are not consequences for her actions. What are we a bunch of Democrats? " i forgot most police unions are Democrats. That explains their behaviour.

15 Likes

Years ago one of Roberts boys stuck his finger in my face, i damn near bit it off. i had good teeth then. i bet he had trouble ridin , it was his throttle hand.

16 Likes

At least it wasn’t a Democrat i hear they have poison in their blood. That’s why we can’t leach off them like they leach of use. Filthy little parasites.

15 Likes

These bastards were inhuman.

15 Likes

I can’t see Robert hanging with Marxists

15 Likes

Least no one got hurt, it’s a shame those type of people ruin it. but they are out there and they breed and vote.

15 Likes

In the end i shot a decent match not great but not horrible. I’m a middle of the road competitor and i finished exactly in the middle. By the end of the match i wasn’t getting the cold shoulder from anyone. Everyone wad friendly with me. So it ended on a good note. Once people got to know me a little they saw I’m not a bad guy.

17 Likes

His boys definitely ain’t marxist, they are a brotherhood loyal to the name the wear.

15 Likes

I’ve known one guy who gave up the brotherhood and name and gave it to Jesus. He wouldn’t get into detail about his old days but wasn’t ashamed to say he was in it fully. He kept a throwaway pistol in his tool box beside him all day. I asked about it once and he said he could break the habit.

16 Likes

I’m glad you stood up to them, bullies need to be reminded they do not rule the masses. Maybe they will have something to think about or at least something to whine about on the way home.

16 Likes

I hope they think about it. But if they are really Democrats they will whine about it. Those leftist will eat their own so them Democrat police unions need to wake up. It’s a shame that some cops are bullies. If they ain’t wearing the badge i won’t put up with s##t. Once in uniform it’s yes sir yes ma’am. I ain’t stupid. I know where the line is.

16 Likes

So…if i ever meet you, i’m wearin my uniform.

16 Likes

I’d be hard to take you serious in your old cop stripper outfit. Does it still fit?

16 Likes

Shamefully …no. :frowning_face:

16 Likes

You were 100% correct in my substandard understanding of the rules. But it all went downhill when the calibration call was asked for. It needed to be a calibrated round fired by the RO. If he didn’t have any he’s not much of a RO (as you figured out). But if he didn’t have any he needed to contact the RM. From there decidedly downhill. She needed to be DQed for unsportsmanlike conduct. The RO needed to be removed and replaced and probably go up for review or whatever it’s called. He’s not much of a RO. I would refuse to shoot under him anymore. Just switch to a different squad. If enough people do that someone will figure out that there’s a rotten apple.

Your suggested move is worth doing. That RO needs help or removal as a RO.

That entire thing was a cluster eff. Better you then me Mac82. The only “run in” I ever had was for a RO to tell me that I didn’t shoot part of a stage free style. I told him that I’ll shoot freestyle any damn way I want. (that’s precisely what free style means) Back then I earned enough procedurals and didn’t need any help with unearned ones.

Our local match ROs are pretty good. And the ones I worked with at a regional match were also very good.

But I quit membership at one range because of the range nazis who thought they knew the rules but didn’t have a clue. Life is too short. I probably should have done what you have planned and have the range removed from being a SC range. First it was suggested to me that I cheat. It was Steel Challenge and I was shooting RFRO. Everyone knows rimfire malfunctions right? So take another try. No thanks, that’s part of rimfire. That’s the one we’ll throw out and that’s the way I played it. Then I went to find the safety table so that I could lube my gun. The table pointing at the shooters downrange was the safety table. So OK, there’s no way I’m going to work on a firearm that’s pointed downrange. So I went to a side table pointed at a side berm and a range nazi told me that was a no-no. Really? I’m supposed to work on a firearm pointed at the shooters? I quit the range and never will shoot there again under their rules. They either follow the SC rules or I don’t shoot there. I chose the latter because I know they aren’t going to change. I wish them luck.

FWIW, without cheating and with a malfunction I won that one stage I shot before I left. I didn’t leave because of the BS. I left due to a deluge that turned everything to mud and I don’t shoot in the rain and mud. I’ll never go back there for SC. I do shot there for Action Pistol because the rules during that are USPSA rules.

Problems ALWAYS occur when the rule book isn’t followed and that’s basically what your post is about.

Good luck on getting remedial training or removal for that RO. I hope your successful for the sake of the sport. He can get laid on his own time.

15 Likes

:thinking: Drama.

This is exactly the reason I quit shooting matches…

15 Likes