DRINKING & CARRYING šŸ’£

6 Likes

This is absolutely true. However ā€œif you had to use that weapon.ā€ implies you ( or your loved oneā€™s ) life was at risk. If you make it to the courtroom I assume you won that confrontation. So still a better outcome than possibly being dead.

I donā€™t suggest this is good normal behavior, and avoid it most of the time.

5 Likes

All a LEO has to do is smell it on you to create problems. Thus why I recommend people never ā€œhave just oneā€.

5 Likes

I vote definitely donā€™t mix the two. I donā€™t drink any longer so I donā€™t have to worry about it, but I am well aware of the dangers involved. Itā€™s not worth the chance.

6 Likes

4 Likes

You started this, Ginger lochsā€¦

2 Likes

you have called him everything now including a body of waterā€¦
retort to follow

5 Likes

He has issues, lets leave him be.

4 Likes

Interesting collection of opinions, all are showing personal responsibilities, well, most of them. Good instructional topic with supporting behaviors, life ainā€™t easy but we all learn from each other, I still think I am in good company.

8 Likes

To tell you the truth I dont think I ever even seen the original post in this thread but it evolved into gay penguins and Billy Madisonā€¦ which are also connected somehow

3 Likes

We are Champion thread derailers! Should be a badge for thatā€¦

6 Likes

The Penguin told me to derail the thread

5 Likes

Penguin lives matter

7 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Iā€™m not much of a drinker anyways, but I will not drink while carrying period, especially in public. There are to many things that could go wrong rather quickly. For most folk that drink a lot, one beer will not affect them the slightest, but there are other concerns. If one was to get into an altercation, that one beer will be used against you in court, if it goes that far. Even if itā€™s just an argument and your weapon is not drawn, witnesses confirming you were drinking, can lead to you being the instigator and if you are carrying, could lead to a whole lot of trouble. While to each their own on what they want to do, IMO,one should show more responsibility while armed.

7 Likes

Good points

4 Likes

If your drinking and carryingā€¦
Have your shots with rock salt and lime.

No body - no crime.

So Iā€™ve heard - .:thinking:

6 Likes

I have a gun holstered on one side and a beer holstered on the other side.

5 Likes