Dystopian Future: Which 1911...... if you must.

Metal music plays as we gaze across a bleak war torn land scape. We’ve done it AOC has been over thrown as the Emperor of the American Collective. A charismatic leader, who lead the charge and won the Day now reigns but quickly turns tyrannical. His policies are great- mandating all law abiding citizens must be trained and armed with at least a pistol when in public. But power corrupts even @LonewolfMcQuade who mandates that pistol must be a 1911! All other designs are lesser and hence outlawed -Hail Browning! And ignore the heretic lies of the cult of the Hi Power.

So now you must use and carry a 1911, to comply with the law. Well at least for now, until this anti Combat Tupperware tyrant can be brought to heel.

Given this which 1911 do you choose. Note: money is no object because part of the @LonewolfMcQuade defense budget is supplying every citizen with training, a rifle and a pistol.

6 Likes

I would keep the one I used to fight aoc my Springfield loaded .

5 Likes

I think I would rather just be put in jail and serve my time then. And if it means the death penalty then I will go down as a marter.

7 Likes

sieg heil!

oops, sorry, caught up in the moment, I meant, good job @LonewolfMcQuade

5 Likes

With the above parameters and clearly @Robert being the new head of the DOJ. I’m going to go against two things I usually dislike 1911s and Springfield (hopefully @LonewolfMcQuade fixed their board & politics since the AOC War).

I usually am not enamored by Springfield or 1911s but I must say the Springfield TRP 10mm RMR checks so many boxes. I handled one and it ALMOST swayed me to the dark side.

Just NP3 Plus everything but the frame, slap some mammoth grips on it, add a bonus match threaded barrel (7-7.5”) and carry bob the bottom of the frame (or what ever the cut on the below picture is called)

Bam in my perspective as close to perfect a 1911 can get.

6 Likes

Cool, I don’t have to do anything to comply.
9mm lightweight Commander in 9mm, don’t care about brand as long as it goes boom every time.

5 Likes

Well, if it has to be a 1911…

Then make mine a Colt…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Accept no substitutes.

4 Likes

The reason that Lord Lonewolf has ordered all citizens to own a 1911 after the great war is because all the plastic weapons melted and were rendered useless in the flames on the battlefield. Only the superior, proven steel 1911’s survived , allowing the accurate, immortal, deadly weapon of the gods to be reissued to the patriots.

9 Likes

Yay, my Star BM is saved in this steel only wasteland! :wink:

4 Likes

I’d stick with my Remington R1 that I carry now.

4 Likes

Good choice!

3 Likes

Hasn’t failed me yet!

3 Likes

Love mine, never an issue either

3 Likes

What mags do you use in yours? The magazine that came with mine had issues feeding hollow points so I switched to some Wilson combat mags.

3 Likes

Here are some discussions we have hsd on 1911s, if youre interested.

Im not a snob and not very much of a 1911 guy due to being a cheap ass. Ive always liked Colt 1911s though, they offer the most forged components for the price. Outside of that @switchpod and @KeithP make a good case for Sigs 1911s with the external extractor. Which im kind of warming up to the design after looking at it more. If and when I decide to stop being a cheap ass I might go for Sig, Colt or Dan Wesson 1911 but one of these is like 2-3 Glocks.

Ive owned:

Several series 80 Colt 1911s
SA Range Officer/loaded (dont remember exactly)
Les Baer monolithic heavyweight
Rock Island Armory GI clone
And a few more…

And as far as @LonewolfMcQuade goes , he has a bald head and ive always suspected him of being an undercover Nazi Stormfront spy so your accusations might be correct.

6 Likes

I didn’t have any issues with the factory mags. Shot a few hundred 200gr hp through them. But I primarily carry and use the wilson combat mags as well for all my 1911’s.

5 Likes

Really carrot top? You’re the 1st to be imprisoned when my Reign begins…

4 Likes

Wilson and McCormick mags were my favorite. Shittiest factory mags to me were RIAs.

3 Likes

I had problems with every Chip McCormick mag I ever bought! The follower would extrude outward failing to feed the last round 80% of the time. Buddy of mine has a mag tool I think will fix that issue.

2 Likes