Dystopian Future: Which 1911...... if you must.

I’d stick with my Remington R1 that I carry now.

4 Likes

Good choice!

3 Likes

Hasn’t failed me yet!

3 Likes

Love mine, never an issue either

3 Likes

What mags do you use in yours? The magazine that came with mine had issues feeding hollow points so I switched to some Wilson combat mags.

3 Likes

Here are some discussions we have hsd on 1911s, if youre interested.

Im not a snob and not very much of a 1911 guy due to being a cheap ass. Ive always liked Colt 1911s though, they offer the most forged components for the price. Outside of that @switchpod and @KeithP make a good case for Sigs 1911s with the external extractor. Which im kind of warming up to the design after looking at it more. If and when I decide to stop being a cheap ass I might go for Sig, Colt or Dan Wesson 1911 but one of these is like 2-3 Glocks.

Ive owned:

Several series 80 Colt 1911s
SA Range Officer/loaded (dont remember exactly)
Les Baer monolithic heavyweight
Rock Island Armory GI clone
And a few more…

And as far as @LonewolfMcQuade goes , he has a bald head and ive always suspected him of being an undercover Nazi Stormfront spy so your accusations might be correct.

6 Likes

I didn’t have any issues with the factory mags. Shot a few hundred 200gr hp through them. But I primarily carry and use the wilson combat mags as well for all my 1911’s.

5 Likes

Really carrot top? You’re the 1st to be imprisoned when my Reign begins…

4 Likes

Wilson and McCormick mags were my favorite. Shittiest factory mags to me were RIAs.

3 Likes

I had problems with every Chip McCormick mag I ever bought! The follower would extrude outward failing to feed the last round 80% of the time. Buddy of mine has a mag tool I think will fix that issue.

2 Likes

Things could have changed, craftsmanship is not really the “in” thing now of days.

2 Likes

The McCormick mags I have for about 6 or 7 years old.

2 Likes

Half the mags I had were well used, this was about 7 years ago , the others were newer. I never hsd those issues and I ran mine in a few pistol courses and in IDPA a few times.

3 Likes

Ha! Lol! Love the hypothetical! Also love 1911s so maybe I could brown-nose my way into the new regime’s government elite. And in so doing, I suppose a bit of greed would take the better of me. In that vein, I’ll keep my Colt Competition but lie and claim it was lost in battle, and then take advantage of the free, cost-is-no-concern directive and help run up the new government’s deficit by ordering a Wilson custom build:

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/custom-work-gallery/#gallery-160782/6

But why stop there? I’d order one for each of my family members, maybe diversifying our 1911 collection by getting custom builds from Ed Brown, Colt, and Dan Wesson! All hail LoneWolfMcQuade and 1911s!

5 Likes

FWIW, so far I haven’t had a problem with factory stainless 8-round Colt mags, 8-round Wilson Combat mags, and blued 7-round Colt mags.

5 Likes

For aftermarket 1911 magazines, Wilson Combat 9 Rounders 9 + 1= Perfect 10 :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I bought 4 of those, 150.00 but worth it :+1:

47NX

5 Likes

Purty

5 Likes

I gotta chime in on this one

I would carry any 1911 that was vetted
We all know they have issues if not properly maintained
Screw all the series 80 pistols
Colt,Remington,kimber, Taurus ,sig

70 series only
And if I had a choice I’d run one I built or @Mosinvirus built
If I had to buy one there’s a few
Cabot or les Baer would be at the top of thatl list Jjfu and Dan Wesson wouldn’t be far behind
Ed brown is a Arrogant ass so I would never give him my hard earned dollar
Oh I forgot one
The hackathorne special from Wilson is a solid choice

7 Likes

Cabot fusion pro
Cabot icon

8 Likes