EDC 1000 or more lumen flashlight recommendation?

What do you all think of this? The price and specs are good and it is rated decently online. I need to get two, one for the both of us and the AR and PCC.

JETBeam JET 3M PRO (Updated JET-III M) Cree XP-L LED Flashlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GGILES/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8AdfBb4GKJXTY

1 Like

Maybe get one and see if you like it then get the second one if you do.

2 Likes

@Mister_Torgue,
The one thing I always like to check and make sure is it’s rated for a firearm?

2 Likes

Thanks guys.

SAK, can you explain why? I figure this one is since the same company makes a rifle mount for it. But I’d like to learn something. :smiley:

1 Like

@Mister_Torgue,
For instance,
I would look at every single review for it, and if there’s not a couple credible references to somebody actually using it on a weapon, I won’t even consider it.
If the manufacturer’s website doesn’t contain the information you’re after, call them and ask, can your product go on a gun, will the Recoil destroy it,
I always like getting the manufacturer to commit to the durability of their product on the telephone, before i make the purchase.

3 Likes

Mister_Torgue, SAK67:

Definitely want to know what a flashlight is rated for when it comes to firearms. If the flashlight is not tough enough, the repeated recoil from the firearm could mess up the flashlight, causing it to stop working.

So, it is not enough to know you could attach it to a firearm. Need to know just how much recoil the flashlight could handle (perhaps, a listing of calibers and/or guns, it is designed to handle?).

3 Likes

Picked these up off Amazon $29 for extra lights. Small one is1000 lumens, larger is 2000 lumens. Comes w/ 3 large rechargeable batteries and charger, & AAA adapter for small light. Both are weapon mountable w/ any 1" light holder. Zoomable, 5 different modes, good run time. Look & feel well made, 7 year warranty. We’ll see how they hold up over time.

20180623_155725

4 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade, that looks like a sweet deal for sure I just found this one I’ve been looking for it for 2 weeks my couch ate it

4 Likes

Holy shit dude. I JUST literally bought those smaller flashlights on Amazon (delivered today). Seems to be the same flashlight but a different Chinese brand. They are stupid bright at 1,000 lumens and I love that you can use rechargeable or AAA batteries.

4 Likes

Picked up a craftsman 500 lumen flashlite at Lowe’s it is rechargeable and only cost $30.

3 Likes

What do you all think about the Titan brand of flashlights?

I bought a weapon-mountable Titan flashlight for $75 a while back. So far, I really like it.

Your thoughts (on the brand, individual flashlights, etc) ?

2 Likes

I love Amazon customer service! The larger of the two flashlights did not operate properly, I called up the amazon number and explained my problem and they gave me an immediate refund, resent another set with free 1 day shipping. On top of that, seller said no need to return, keep the old stuff. So now I will have a free flashlight, 3 spare large lithium batteries, & spare charger! Im pleased with that!:slight_smile:

5 Likes

@JohnB ive not heard of titan lights. sometimes, I think I do live in a cave somewhere lol you have had zero issues with them so far?

1 Like

LonewolfMcQuade:

Zero issues. But, I don’t have it mounted on a gun. I bought it because it is very bright, very durable (I have had a lot of trouble with the plastic flashlights going bad on me, but not this Titan), and very portable (it is about the size of my middle finger).

I really don’t know what all the good brands are for gun-mountable flashlights, but this one does seem to be good and the price was okay.

If you are looking for a travel flashlight - I would highly recommend it.

2 Likes

My Titan flashlight looks a lot like this one and is about the same size as this image:

Note: I bought it at my local gun store a couple of years ago and use it frequently. It runs on 1 regular battery (not sure, AA or AAA).

2 Likes

@JohnB surefire makes it? Looks like a great light.

2 Likes

Thanks, LonewolfMcQuade. It is.

Most likely is that Surefire made it. I went to both the Titan website and the Surefire website for Titan flashlights. The Surefire version has flashlights like mine. The Titan website (non Surefire), does not.

3 Likes

New REPLACEMENT flashlights arrived this morning, & they both work! Suprising considering the Amazon driver chucked it from the street to the porch! Sounded like a rock hitting the house! That’s ok, I’ll call Amazon & complain, they’ll credit me 15 percent

3 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen. :wink:

4 Likes

5 Likes