Ejector Jig

Working on a little jig project for brother @Preyhunter

Blasted and ready for Cerakote!

10 Likes

Damn, that was fast! I figured it would be indexed off the slide stop lever pin hole but I didn’t know how it would be done. Your way is the obvious way, which is why I wouldn’t have thought of it.

9 Likes

easy peasy

8 Likes

The M1911A1 REDUX 3rd Edition Package.pdf

The guy spent some time assembling this off all the old drawings. Bless his heart!

9 Likes

Very nice!

8 Likes

This is needed for an 80% that was not prepped for holes I take it?

May become popular for the new 70% receiver season :grin:

9 Likes

I know nothing!

8 Likes

Yep, bought a couple of frames without holes for the ejector without realizing it. Plenty of “incomplete” 80% frames out there (ejector holes/feedramp/grip screw bushing holes/mainspring housing pin holes/etc).

7 Likes
7 Likes

Those are WAY beyond my capability. If it’s 79% or less complete I would need additional jigs to do what I do (evidenced above). No mill or years of experience using one to make it work. Maybe one of these days.

@albroswift cerakote isn’t necessary, unless it’s needed for tolerances or something else like that. I’m more function over form.

4 Likes

Too late

9 Likes

8 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

What does a small pizza and a hack machinist / cerakote guy have in common?

Neither one can feed a family

8 Likes

I’m stealing that!

9 Likes

Did you airbrush that or…?

8 Likes

Leftover stencils and the new iwata gun.
Got batman, hellboy, and I think the bang is joker.

8 Likes

Nice gun! I still run a cheap gun HF gun. I’m considering this one for a cerakote upgrade or these for cerakote and other larger projects. My low quantity for personal reasons doesn’t quite justify spending for a gun like that, but I’d still like to have one. Jigs and the like are more valuable to me at the moment. :innocent:

7 Likes

The “starter” gun Cerakote has bundled with the 3 color kit works out to about $70, I’ve had really good results with this gun, bought a second kit to get a backup. Also Cerakote has all the repair parts for really good price. Needle and nozzle $12.00, packing kit $6.00. If you are planning on buying some cerakote anyway I’d go with those rather then the Paasch. I think Eastwood makes them for Cerakote but not available anywhere else as far as I could find.
The Iwata is a real step up, lot easier to clean/ lot less solvent to buy and dispose of, and better spray control. (Needle and nozzle for those over $100.00).

7 Likes

Glad to hear that abut the "Starter’s’gun. I’m about to pull the trigger on a Cerakote 3 Color H Series Starter Kit and build a small oven. 1st victim will be a CZ 83. Going with Midnight and Socom blues, not sure about the 3rd color yet. Can’t find any G10 grips for it though.

6 Likes