Embarrassing

This last Friday I woke up, got cleaned up and went downstairs to have coffee and a smoke with my better half.

On the way down I, apparently, decided to test my balance and ability to walk down the stairs, and failed.

This is how I added another broken bone to an already messed up foot/ankle. Yay! Never thought about the importance of the big toe until now.

So, all my projects, including the rear main seal on the truck, are on hold. I am sure this happened for a reason, and i am sure that even if i never know why it was for the better, it was for the better, but i am still embarrassed limping around like it’s 1996 again.

13 Likes

Sometimes we never know the reason.
Sometimes it’s just not for us to know.
I hope you heal and fell better soon!
Take care of yourself!

14 Likes

Ouch, hope you get better fast but i think it’s trying to tell you to stop smoking. Lung cancer is a horrible way to die.

10 Likes

I thought and second the same, watching people suffocate to death from COPD is really sad, how do you know if you’ll get it and not lung cancer, if you already notice being out of breath you’re on your way, have that liquid death rattle sound laying in bed, cough up a lung in the morning, on your way

So, now that you’ve been chastised I bet you have plans where to put that toe when its better
:grin:

I’ve had toe issues and agree they do suck, whats the prognosis?

11 Likes

The doc said 2 weeks.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear, hope you get better soon!

11 Likes

Get better soon. Take a break and slow down.

10 Likes

Thank you all. All will be good.

11 Likes

Thank you for posting, I was up/down ladders all day and having read your post helped keep me on my toes (ba-dum-tiss)

Seriously, I don’t need to fall so extra awareness is always :+1:

10 Likes

There you go… Now I know who I sacrificed my toe for…
Worth it.

9 Likes

:grin: :hugs:

8 Likes

@Mosinvirus

Sorry that happened to you. Hope you make a full recovery soon.

Not sure why you are embarrassed by this. Everyone has accidents and stairs are a very common place for them.

Maybe it is a hint that time for a single-floor home is coming? I know that is what I want over the next few years - I am getting old!

And as for the smoking, quit if you can. Too many people suffer and die from smoking - not worth it!

10 Likes

Heal up fast and ditto on the smoking. I wish I could get the other half here to quit too.

9 Likes

Thanks, guys

9 Likes

That absolutely sucks… Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

@arkangel129 do you see the welcome back message?

And please don’t be gone so long, Igor can’t keep hurting himself just to get you back :grin:

9 Likes

Thank you @arkangel129

9 Likes

I actually didn’t, but I also didn’t realize that it had been that long…:thinking:

9 Likes

You’re quite welcome. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Is it not visible to you?

Above your post?

8 Likes