Embarrassing

It’s actually not… :thinking:

7 Likes

Sunday changed the fuel filter on a dodge cummins. Ribs pressed against the left fender edge reaching for the spin on filter. As I get older ice packs seem to be a friend today :rofl:

Hope your making good progress on the recovery.

9 Likes

Hmmmm, that reminds me, i got four of them to do.

9 Likes

Definitely making progress. Just need to work out the stiff joints now.
Ice packs are a friend here too.

I have a set of injectors, a fuel filter, and a regulator to replace too. Will do all of it when I take care of the rear main seal.

10 Likes

Couple of years back I was basically laying over the radiator while changing a coil on plug when I separated a rib. Won’t be doing that ever again, or at least not until the next time I do it. :innocent:

11 Likes

When it gets cold enough to snow here, I put on some short, start up an anodize bath for any parts that need anodizing, and lay in the snow. My neighbors think it’s weird, but it helps with the inflammation.

11 Likes

Good to hear, BUT…did you quit smoking?

9 Likes

I pulled something in my back at work Aug 5th.
Been off work except for a day and a half last week. Dr sent me back to work and I didn’t even last 2 shifts. Back on the muscle relaxers and nsaids.
See the doctor October 31.
This getting old $hit sucks.

10 Likes

I plead the fifth

7 Likes

That definitely sucks. Hope you get better soon.

9 Likes

I have an old and sadly reoccurring lower back (ligament) injury that describes, stupid moves will set it back off

I used to do that combo and wear tight back belts to try and cope, took years to discover actual pain pills speed recover the quickest, your body heals faster when not in pain, so beware if they want to tie a fish string through you or use other knife related Freddie Kruger Halloween fixes, try to just get some pain pills, even the Tramadol work though I found double dosing was the trick, I can get through the flair ups in a day now rather than weeks :+1:

8 Likes

Was there a specific incident in 1996 or a wild night out or was you building a deck barefooted and hit your foot with a hammer

6 Likes

I was sober but stupid.

Accident
Engine got pushed into cab
Fell-ish on my feet
Casts - left leg 30 days, right 60 days (same one i broke the toe on)
Walker
Crutches
Learning to walk the stairs.
Limp.

Right foot will never be good again, but i can walk without issues most days so all is well.

Lessons learned that year - don’t be stupid… i have no idea how i slipped on the stair so it doesn’t count.

:slight_smile:

P.S. that accident is also where I got my plastic face parts. But thanks to God and a great surgeon i can see out of both my eyes.

7 Likes

Holy Moly :scream:
Wow that is Crazy …hope you and everyone in this thread are back up and moving soon.
God is Good

6 Likes

All good now. Thank you.
Foot is back to “normal”.

Everyone else, lets do a wellness check.

8 Likes

Still off work and dealing with Dr 's
Back is not awful but there are days it just plain hurts for hours no matter what I’m doing. Going to a neurosurgeon for a second opinion the end of March.

8 Likes

Guess we needed @WV460Hunter around here more than we knew… :laughing:

8 Likes

@Ridgewalker thanks brother :facepunch:

6 Likes

Well, I have had the Shingles ,I have been in a lot of pain. It actually started with a headache and then i had this numbness and aching in my left shoulder …thought I was experiencing angina. So I went and walked up a 1500 foot mountain to see if I would kill over. Thats when after I got sweaty I started itching … then I had all the usuals that go with it … on my chest and one small place on my back both on my left side…
I have to say having to work with this has been a challenge . It is super hard to resist itching. But I found a great salve. Porters …I think it is. Worked wonders. I guess I am getting old😔

6 Likes

Glad to hear that . Man I tell ya I jist know I have to be a lot more careful these days got a half bad right knee a back that pops out of place alot. Aging eyes , I lost 60 pounds over last 2 years so I could go off of blood pressure medicine . And have kept my walking up to keep my cardio in good shape. And still ended up with shingles .

6 Likes